New to this board, in need of advice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Checkmate, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Checkmate

Checkmate

Hi guys,
    Lately I am at a major crossroad in my life. I am 28 years old MBA student from Tampa, married with no kids. What else to say. Well, I love the markets and this is where my biggest dilemma comes from. For the last month I've been going through a licensing procedure /series 7,65 etc/ with a major dealer/broker. I have to admit that I am highly disappointed of the realities of the financial services Industry. Also I've been studying for the CFA charter but seems like this does not give me any satisfaction either. Looks like the best thing I like about finance is trading. My question is....Is there somebody out there that has decided to leave his stockbroker, adviser or analyst career in order to trade full time? If there is such a person, would you please, share your experience with me?
    Thank you

2. Have you worked at all (besides an internship) in the financial industry? In what compacity?

If not...why would you think being a full time trader will be more fulfilling than your current career path?

Can you save up enough money to trade for about a year (paying the bills and such) while you see if trading is it for you?

If you can...do it...after a year and if you decide its not for you...start sending out your MBA resume.

Simply...you truly won't know if Fulltime trading is for you until you try it.

P.S. I know you said you "love the markets"...but you didn't say anything about if you've already tested fulltime trading.

Also...only try Fulltime trading because you've been actively trading and you enjoy it and don't do it because your at a crossroad (disliking your current path) in your life.

Keep us up-to-date about how's it going if you decide that Fulltime trading is the game for you.

NihabaAshi