New to this _ help requested!

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Mark_123, May 21, 2020.

1. destriero

destriero

This is not a game for retirees. Anyone contemplating it in retirement is underfunded.

#11     May 21, 2020
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

lol OP, read this dude's journal. You'll roll over and forget about trading by page three.

#12     May 21, 2020
    ChipShotTrader and Overnight like this.
  3. deaddog

deaddog

What do you want to trade and Why?

#13     May 21, 2020
  4. deaddog

deaddog

I retired with what I thought was a pretty good nest egg. The tech wreck reduced it by 50%. I started trading as an alternative to buy and hold. Liked the capital protection that trading provided.

I do well enough. Consistent returns that beat the indexes.

I've never blown up an account and never had a drawdown as big as the market collapse in the early 2000's

#14     May 21, 2020
  5. Debbie Downers here lolz but its true but damn, any one who ever comes with high hopes their morals os quickly brought to the ground to ground level without a parachute emergency landing status
    Lolz

#15     May 21, 2020
  6. I totally agree with @ashantt 's response.

A better idea would be to go to Medical School, and become a Doctor. Then, specialize in Neurology, Neuro-Surgery, Psychiatry, or even Organ Transplants. I have been a professional trader since 1998, and I can assure you that becoming the above is FAR easier than learning to become a true professional trader (and I know the above mentioned people, who are geniuses at their fields, but failed miserably at trading)...

#16     May 21, 2020
    Laissez Faire, comagnum and maxinger like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

to be a professional trader is like trying to be a surgeon replacing people heart,
    and win Olympics running competition.

better to be a trading coach.
    but you need to do some reading.
    and you need to
    have excellent BS skill, and must how to impress people with the way you communicate.

for lazy people, be a trading predictor or fortune teller.

#17     May 21, 2020
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  8. Mark_123

Mark_123

Thanks for taking the time for providing the various advice mentioned. I will give each a shot.

I had mentioned the word retired, to give a small indication of my age i.e. not a kid who thinks that he can ditch his / her reg job and become a millionaire. Some of the responses in the thread that i started, hoping for 'positive' response such as yours, would indicate the varying levels of age.

As I have retired, i have some time on my hands. I hate gardening and working around the house, after working in my chosen profession of Architecture for 45 years time to try something else. If you know what I mean. I am looking to make a bit of money while doing this, I will hopefully learn from those interested in imparting some of their knowledge.

KAB

#18     May 22, 2020
  9. Mark_123

Mark_123

Appreciating your advice. As I have been known to be stubborn.... I'll not take it, and perhaps take some help from those that are willing to offer up a piece of advice here and there.

I've mentioned this in a reply. I am NOT here to make millions. I'd like to make a few plays here and there, I have zero illusions of grandeur.

#19     May 22, 2020