New to Sierra Chart and about to give up on them

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gscience, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Gscience

Gscience

Thanks, I have the Denali, but I think I'm missing something... I was just reading again through everything and I think I might have to pay the 10.50 for the US equities exchanges plus the 250 symbols real time data? I'm not sure...

#11     Sep 27, 2021
  2. Gscience

Gscience

I was told it's a bit buggy... but haven't tried it

#12     Sep 27, 2021
  3. NoahA

NoahA

I think when you are new to trading, using whatever software is presented to you seems good enough and you can get accustomed to it. But once you've been using something for years, its very difficult to switch. My broker is IB, and I found it very difficult to use for many reasons, so needed something more via the API route. I tried Multicharts, and that was ok for a while, but I didn't like it too much. I tried Ninjatrader, and that too was ok, but still didn't work for me. Then after trying Sierra Charts, I felt like it did exactly what I needed and the amount of customization is insane. Now I could never go back.

So although I agree that their customer service seems a bit rough around the edges, they do respond and have really good support via the support board. Each time I had a minor issue with the software, they actually patched it fairly quickly. (ie. just simple things like a line not being displayed properly after an update). They might come off as a little rude, but they get the job done. These guys are coders you have to remember, not customer service people. Would you rather talk to an agent that is friendly but has no idea what they are talking about and constantly needing to check with the software engineer, or would you rather talk directly with the expert who knows what to do? You gotta put up with the roughness in my opinion to talk with the expert since customer service isn't their main strength.

Now don't get me wrong, it sucks to have exchanged 20 messages and get nowhere, but I think you have to read what they want you to read and follow the steps and tell them which step you're getting hung up on. I think the combo of AMP with the Denali data is a very popular setup, so its bound to work if you find out where the issue is. Sometimes they aren't able to fix the issue because the issue resides either with a broker or CME, but your combo should be able to get set up properly.

#13     Sep 27, 2021
    KeLo, Brookwood, emojitrading and 2 others like this.
  4. mervyn

mervyn

Since AMP dropped SC free package, I think these two are fighting and won't be as straight forward as before. MultiCharts works just fine.

#14     Oct 1, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Have you considered asking your broker for advice?

@AMP_Global

Just have to use their duckcall, like that. :)

#15     Oct 1, 2021
  6. Consistently the rudest company and worst support the industry. It is a HUGE risk having them as your business partner. They will happily tell you to shove it leave. They frequently censor their forum and post about the Qanon conspiracy on their forum.

They do not care in the slightest about your needs as the customer with their software created with a slant towards ease of programming rather than usability and intuitive ease of use.

Over the past year their charting offering is sliding downhill as they seem to be shifting focus to be a data provider.

I will never ever use them again even if they gave it to me for free.

#16     Nov 23, 2021
  7. easymon1

easymon1

There's your Thread Title right there.
    I want a great Market Profile Platform dammit.
    Find out which is Best For You and get There!
    Be thankful that you don't Have to spend time =Money to parse the documentation through to a solution. Find a competitive alternative. If SC is the best, then bite the bullet and work through the support board. Current users of SC doing what you want to do would be a good way to get set up. Maybe ask Them which is the best / next best if SC was not an option, (users have misplaced pride in their rig sometimes, lol).
    More than one way to skin a cat, dog.

#17     Nov 23, 2021