New To Options...

Discussion in 'Options' started by socaldodger, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Hi:

I'm new to options trading. I'm currently trying to learn as much as possible before jumping into some trades. What are some good books/websites that you guys recommend me reading? BTW, I just purchased 2 books:
    1. Option Volatility and Pricing
    2. Options as a Strategic Investment

Which one should I read first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

2. MTE

MTE

Second one.
    Check out the "books" section on this site.
    Websites...You've come to the right place.:cool:

3. "Websites...You've come to the right place."
    Yes, welcome, it's nice here.
    Daddy's boy

4. MTE

MTE

OK, it's not the friendliest website on earth, but there are tons of good info here.

5. Ohhh, I think folks around here are quite friendly and helpful, not everything has to be sarcastic, lol. They just don't like BS of any kind and are quick to let one know. Take MTE for instance - always helpful, knowledgeable and quick to respond but doesn't put up with BS.
    The hard thing is trying to work out who is good and who is not so good. After a while you'll get to know who you can believe, but I advise you to still always check comments, especially when you're first starting out. That's where your books come in handy.
    Daddy's boy

6. I would also recommend the study guide you can get to accompany the 1st 25 chapters of McMillan. After each chapter you can test your recollection and its a good way to familiarize yourself with the terms. After the 1st 25 chapters then go ahead and read Natenberg...a good portion of McMillan is geared to more advanced topics that you really don't need to know RIGHT NOW:) good luck.

7. Thanks for the replys guys.

Will do. I'll be picking up the study guide tomorrow.

8. The option chains/quotes, stock quotes and graphs are very good at Yahoo Finance.The option quotes are usually bang on. I recommend setting up My Yahoo and adding a stock porfolio.

Stay away from the Yahoo Message Boards.