New to Online Trading - Guidance Needed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by compengr, Aug 12, 2007.

1. compengr

compengr

Hi All,

I'm completely new to online trading (have not started yet though but am interested in day-trading stocks for now) and I'm reading up some things (I'm currently reading "Trading for a Living -Alexaner Elder) and I'll order more books (I have some saved in amazon cart).

However, I must confess that there's a lot of information and a lot of online tradig terminologies (futures, commodities, symbols, options, back-filling, etc.) that I'd appreciate it if I could get some directions (websites, etc.) and/or explanations on them.

1. What do I need to have a complete online trading setup? I recently downloaded ensign and am using their playback system to paper trade.

2. What are the best and affordable (pricier doesn't necessarily mean better) frontend softwares, charting softwares and data feeds.

3. Are ensign and Button Trader charting softwares???

4. What are the best combinations of softwares for day trading (good for easily and quickly placing buy/sell orders)???

etc.

Thanks.

2. compengr

compengr

Thanks bandit77.

Please could good-hearted people on this forum provide some more elaborate explanations to my questions???

Thanks.

3. clacy

clacy