New to NY and Seeking a job as a Trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sxeavenger, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm new to NYC and seeking to find a job as a prop trader. I've been trading for VCM and would like to join a firm where I would not need to put up money in advance. I have a bachelor's degree and a good gpa from a state university as well.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I would really like the experience of trading in an office with others.

Thanks!

2. cstfx

cstfx

In this environment it will be rather difficult to find the position you seek. No one is taking risks out of their own pockets right now - they want you to take the risk, which is why so many are disguising deposits as "training fees". Good luck.

3. majority of firms could care less about GPA, they want your PnL

4. Oh so true, especially now

5. Have you guys ever heard of Jane Street? I was thinking about applying but wanted to hear some feedback. I've seen their name mentioned a couple times on this site, but never any serious reviews.
    Thanks!

6. Sushi

Sushi

Great low profile money machine. Jane highly rrccomended. Good luuck. The reel deal. Not funny firm.

7. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience trading forex with Gloabl FX LLC? I'm trying to find out some information about them before I contact them.

Thanks!