New to Iron condors

Discussion in 'Options' started by droid17, Dec 17, 2010.

1. I started paper trading to determine the difference in dynamics of the weeklies vs. the last week of monthlies. With respect to credit spreads I could find little difference.

The last week of monthlies require careful attention to managing credit spreads. That is perhaps why many who like credit spreads none-the-less bail before the last week. I let over 90% of my credit spreads expire. I only bail when market gap risk is too large.

After paper-trading, I moved to my next stage, pre-production, i.e. trading with small money. There is a summary of my results in the journal I post here.

Even small money trading returning good credit every week can make a significant contribution to my monthly performance. Monthlies cycle every 60 days. I think at least 2 percentage points of this month's performance was due to small money trading of weeklies.

I'm still nervous, so I'm still in small money trading of weeklies.

#31     Jan 1, 2011
  2. waltbx

waltbx

I've been trading with IB but opened an account now at TradeMonster. I'm wanting to find a way to get standard deviations on the underlying, to set my strikes.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine standard deviations at TradeMonster?

WB

#32     Jan 10, 2011