New to HFT and Looking for support/help . We all started here, so hope some people can help me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BabaYaga, Nov 16, 2018.

1. BabaYaga

BabaYaga

I’m new to high frequency trading and I just need some help. Anything with help me. Like where do I start, how much should money should start with? What software should I consider? I am a sponge and I am here to soak up information.

2. minmike

minmike

Unless you are a $100 million corporation I wouldn't start. That is who you would be competing against.

henry76, d08, comagnum and 2 others like this.
  3. BabaYaga

BabaYaga

Ok so, let’s say I can’t do that then. What’s the best option for a beginner in this area to make money. I’m a fast learner and I’m here to get better. What’s my best bet?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You need to start with a profitable strategy then consider automation.

mr_byte31 and cvds16 like this.
  5. BabaYaga

BabaYaga

Well how do I do that? What software should I use? Where can I go to look at strategies?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You are looking for a simple answer to a complex problem.

Cuddles, d08, cvds16 and 6 others like this.
  7. BabaYaga

BabaYaga

I’m just asking what software you use then...

8. You gotta investigate for yourself. I didn't have the slightest clue when I decided to get into this; I decided to read a lot and i've come a long way even though i've got ways to go. Read books, blogs, academic papers, news articles and also make sure to journal or document what you got from the readings everyday. I feel that once you drown yourself with information regarding HFT everyday, you're bound to make progress, wherever it may be. Just assume nothing will be handed to you. These are just my 2 cents

good luck

cvds16 likes this.
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Someone on this site told me a while ago that you could write your own s/w and linked it to trading platforms to auto-trade (HFT). I can't write good software so am unable to do such.

Are you a computer science major, or coder? If you are, you can write an automate trading program and link up with broker's trading platform in brokerages like IB, Ninja.... But as the other posters said, you are competing with the very best in the game who also have unlimited resources. This is what you are up against: Even moving their terminals a little closer to the exchange site and save a few microseconds was a big deal for HFT firms.

henry76 likes this.
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Test out all of the software platforms to determine which one best suits what you need. Stay away from the ones who won't give you a free trial.

#10     Nov 16, 2018