New to Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by blue717, May 26, 2009.

1. blue717

blue717

I am looking for a broker to trade futures. The problem is Im having a hard time finding one that will accept me.I only have $2500 to deposit and am looking to trade ZN and NQ intraday.

Is there a broker that will take me?

Is there such a thing as a micro account for NQ or ZN similar to FXCM's currency micro account?

2. l2tradr

l2tradr

Global Futures has no minimums. I strongly suggest you re-consider trading futures with only $2,500 though. Good luck.

3. blue717

blue717

thanks, I think I will try them.

4. Been trading futures since 1994. Have been with Global Futures, (George Ghazarian), for around 6 years. I have never had a problem with them. George and everyone there has always courteous, helpful, and dependable. The difference between them and my previous 2 trading firms is like "night and day". As a further note, I paid eSignal realtime data for many years and then decided to use Strategy Runner after running it alongside eSignal, correlating the techs, etc. Saved a lot of $. Give them a try.

5. Many like AMP and Mirus have $2,000 account minimums to open. But as was said, manage your risk carefully as that's a small account size.

6. Johnny

Johnny

Why do you want to donate your money just like that?:)

As I see it, you have two options:

1) Lose those $2500 as you most likely will. Then save up a new minimum stake of $2500 and lose them all over again. Perhaps you give up after the first or second time, or perhaps you spend the next years running in circles opening accounts that are doomed to fail in the first place.

2) Spend your time reading, studying the markets, writing a trading plan, etc, while saving up sufficient capital so that you really have a chance of making it.

I have been told that $10 000 is a bare minimum. Personally I will not open an account until I have at least $30 000 to deposit.

Some things to think about:

How much is commissions on a $2500 account compared to a $30,000 account?

How much in percentage of the account is a $100-200 loss if you compare the small and the big account?

How many losers (yes, losing even though smart losing is inevitable even with the pros) can you take in a row in order to fullfill the expectancy of your system (you have one right?)?

Do it right the first time and make the best use of your time and efforts.

Good luck!