New To Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by northmen202, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Any advice on brokers,trading platforms,charting software.

Currently day trading stocks with Scottrade Elite but they don't offer futures.

I plan on starting out with 1 to 3 contract lots a day and a few scalps a day with the ES.

2. From what I've seen, Velocity is good, Infinity is good, and Advantage is good. TransAct is good but I doubt with your volume you would want to use them directly. I opened a secondary account with Infinity over Velocity because I do light volume as well. Velocity is targeted more towards high volume traders. Infinity has been smooth so far and I can't confirm the last rating for them as I've had no fees charged. With your volume I would probably look at Infinity or Advantage.

Heard Mirus is ok but no ratings and I don't need NinjaTrader right now.
    Open E Cry had to many issues in the ratings for me. I wan't a solid firm and platform I don't care about bells and whistles.

3. Sueduno,

Thanks for the input,I'll check them out

4. I trade futures with ninja trader and esignal for the feed, everythings works perfect.

instead of esignal you might want zen-fire data feed, i heard only good things about it.

5. jkhek21

jkhek21 Global Futures Inc.

Hello Northmen202,

My name is Johnny a broker from Global Futures Exchange and Trading Company. I got a chance to read your post and wanted to submit a reply to offer some help in your inquiry. We do cater to both proffesional and new traders and work with them individually to help them choose the right platform. We do provide multiple live trading demo's for you to test out and see which you like best. I personally can help you learn the software on a day to day basis to help you get started. If there is anything I can do to further your interest in my firm please dont hesitate to contact me directly.

You can reach me at

877-367-3177 x 127
    email - jkhek@globalfutures.com
    hours of operation 7:30 am cst - 4 pm cst
    www.globalfutures.com

Thank you again have a great day...

Johnny...