New to futures Trading.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mike007, Nov 8, 2008.

1. mike007

mike007

Then teach me if you are so great at trading.

#31     Nov 13, 2008
  2. Don't pay any attention to this meathead. He has at least 3 screen names that we know of.

I would suggest you spend at least 2 months trading on a simulator, assuming you can trade a simulator like you would your own account. I traded SIM for one month and traded like I would have traded with real money. I did 100%. After that I traded with reckless abandon and lost all my paper money. Oddly enough, once I did that I felt I was ready to enter the market with real money. After commission I made $19 my first day. It gradually crept up to $100, $187.50, $250, $437.50, and so on. I got my head handed to me a few times but I stuck with it and made it. If you can trade this market you can trade any market. I would suggest you keep trading this market but do it very cautiously. If you survive you'll think trading is a child's game when the market actually slows down.

Good Luck!

#32     Nov 13, 2008
  3. mike007

mike007

Thanks for the advice. I treat my simulator as if I was really trading it. I only trade 1 contract at a time, like I would in a real money account. I have been daytrading stocks for a while so I know how to flip stocks so this is the same basic principals. I am not new to trading, only new to future trading.

#33     Nov 13, 2008
  4. Hi Mike,

you may want to check out DJstoxx50 FES If you want to practice scalping futures in a less volatile market. just a suggestion...

I scalp the dax ( obviously) and use open e cry who I rate very highly after a little over 2 years with them.

Good luck.

#34     Nov 13, 2008

5. 1) Start off with not planning to jump into the markets after a couple of weeks of prep. You are GUARANTEED to lose.

2) Learn about money, trade and portfolio management.

3) Invest the time to learn about price action. You cannot shortcut learning how prices work. There are threads here that discuss this. Get involved, read what they have said and learn.

It takes years, not weeks to trade successfully.

95% of leveraged/day traders lose their money. You are right in the middle of their path. I know you won't believe this, but in a few months, you are going to curse yourself

Those who claim to be successful in a few months are paper traders.[/size]

#35     Nov 16, 2008
  6. Blackjack666, Ninja has to be running and connected to record data for Market Replay. Just leave the computer on and leave Ninja connected and you'll get the whole day.

HTH

#36     Nov 17, 2008