New to futures Trading.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mike007, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

no problema...You owe me lunch after your first profitable trade!

#21     Nov 10, 2008
  2. mike007

mike007

Ok, this was my first day trading the eminis in a paper account. I am just practicing right now before I start trading with my money. I traded the ES and NQ and I have to say that they trade totally different. I like the way that the ES trades better than the NQ. I made $187 on the ES and lost -$325 trading the NQ. I think that the NQ likes to jump around faster than the ES, maybe more wild in trading. Do others notice this? Well I will be paper trading untill I can start making constant gains on these.

#22     Nov 10, 2008
  3. How comes it seems to have recorded the 10th and 11th trading sesssions but not todays? This looks like a cool piece of kit but its so comlicated, especially from being so used to a basic spreadbet platform.

I want it to be recording the whole session everyday so that I can play back any day on the saturday/weekends to practice.

#23     Nov 12, 2008
  4. i have had the run marley replay box checked since i downloaded the software.

• nin.jpg
      File size:
      179.5 KB
      Views:
    #24     Nov 12, 2008
  5. mike007

mike007

My /ES chart from the day.

• es.png
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    #25     Nov 12, 2008
  6. OK......I now have an option to replay todays action but it looks like only a few minutes worth??

In fact, ive just checked and since I set up the software i am able to play back about 20 minutes of each day. Why isn't it recording whole sessions??!!!

#26     Nov 12, 2008
  7. ouch. Trading for Kindergarten 101

#27     Nov 13, 2008
  8. You are such a sorry troll. Sorry but you are. You know nothing about the bloke and then he posts one day and you bag him.

At least you aren't asking him for audited statements YET!!! That will come if he starts reporting profits and you get the hump, yes you are that predictable.

Get a life that isn't so negative and sad no one cares if you are miserable and bitter just don't spread it around.

#28     Nov 13, 2008
  9. mike007

mike007

Day 2

So today was my second day scalping he /ES E-mini future. I am using price, trends, support/resistance, and the StochasticMomentumIndex to trade. This will be my journal where I keep my progress. I am trading 1 contract at a time and using stops religiously.

Day 1: -236.00
    Day 2: 507.00--Edit, ended up with 632.00( shorted a huge rally at the end of the day.

My goal is to paper trade until I am consistent for 2-3 weeks before I start trading with my own money.

#29     Nov 13, 2008
  10. You have GOT to be kidding. You should be consistently profitable for at least SIX MONTHS before you touch a single contract. Haven't you been watching the volatility?

2-3 Weeks of success only would prove that you were remarkably lucky, not skiled.

Everything you say belies a wide-eyed kid with a quarter in the candy store.

Why do you think 95% of people lose all their trading capital? because they are like yourself. Zealous, Excited but Completely Uninformed

#30     Nov 13, 2008