new to FOREX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by marketsurfer, Jun 16, 2003.

1. That is true. Most of them offer a 5 pip spread max.

#11     Jun 16, 2003
  2. msfe

msfe

#12     Jun 16, 2003
  3. OandA.com has no minimum acct. size and 2 pip spreads on dollar/euro, 3-4 pips for the other majors They don't use lots either. You can trade in any $ amount, meaning there's no disadvantage, trading wise, to having a $100 acct. and a $100,000 acct.

The fact that there's no commission and no acct. minimum makes FX appealing to experiment with, on OandA anyway. They have a free simulator wich is said to be just like the real thing

I've also heard that FX markets are the "trendiest" markets around and perfect for TA.

They trade 24/7, although at certain times, like during the weekends, liquidity drops off a cliff and spreads become huge.

I've looked around and charting is usually expensive. The only programs that can backtest FX, that I know of, are Wealthlab and Tradestation.

This is my my understanding of FX. I've never actually traded it. If i'm wrong about anything, please correct me.

#13     Jun 16, 2003
  4. wallaby

wallaby

indahook

If you are scalping/short-term you might want to check out www.hotspotfx.com ; you can enter bids & offers and the platform is the closest you'll get to an interbank model such as Reuters or EBS. Can use one of these other shops as backup - preferably where you can also deal over the phone.

Else if one's trading 'macro' trends, it probably doesn't matter which shop you pay the spread at [ might even want to find a broker quoting fwds].

#14     Jun 16, 2003