New to Forex trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DarkProtoman, Nov 13, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

And you don't think the impact of the spread is significant enough to make them more difficult to trade? If you've got a standard retail account and you're losing 2 pips per trade, that adds up fast. Why play the 1 min for lots of small moves when you could be playing the 1 hour for larger moves with less commission loss?

Like I said, it comes down to style/personal preference. I was just giving mine.

But, for the hell of it (and since you mentioned it), post up some 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 1 hour, and 4 hour charts we'll see if anyone can tell them apart (forex only, no stocks). I think I might be able to.

#31     Nov 16, 2009
  2. Yep, I agree with you there, but not easy to do if someone's losing money.

'Perseverance' is probably a better word, in the face of adversity!

#32     Nov 16, 2009
  3. It's the cost of doing business, an overhead.

There are benefits to trading shorter time frames over longer ones.

#33     Nov 16, 2009
  4. Of course that makes it more difficult, but not because of the absence of trends (guessing that is what most people refer to as noise), or that the trends in smaller timeframes are inherently different from those in higher timeframes.

I can post some charts tonight or tomorrow. Its a bit unfair tho, i could cherry-pick so that its near impossible.

#34     Nov 16, 2009
  5. AyeYo

AyeYo

Or you could choose a pair, pick a random day/hour/min, and then post all the charts of that single time period.

We aren't playing for money, it's just for the fun of it. :p

#35     Nov 16, 2009
  6. AyeYo

AyeYo

For sure. I've always thought that the less time I'm in a position the less risk I'm exposed to. However, IMO, getting down into the <5min charts is really pushing the cost/benefit.

#36     Nov 16, 2009
  7. Shorter term allows you to play ranges better IMHO

IE, 5 min EURUSD short twice at 1.4978, long 1.4960 etc,etc,etc.

The Ever Doing What It Takes VIPER

#37     Nov 16, 2009
  8. jim8z3

jim8z3

I couldnt agree nmore, people cant wait to tell you how wrong you are but never what to back it up with anything...

#38     Feb 1, 2010
  9. Man, what does everyone think about the new 10:1? Is this really going to happen? Do we all go overseas?

#39     Feb 4, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

The con artists are starting to come out of the forest

Watch out FXDC!!!

#40     Feb 11, 2010