New to Forex - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mustang8888, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,

I trade the stock market using AB, and recently I have been interested in learning the forex. I'm would like recommendations from forex seasoned traders on a few things:

1- The book. What would be the best book out there? I'm looking at a top-notch quality book like "Quantitative Trading Systems" by Howard B. Bandy. The type "If you only had to read one book on trading the Forex, this would be the one"
    2- Mechanical trading 100%. I'm not looking at EAs, but rather a real platform (AB, MT4, plugins, etc...) to automate my Forex tradings 100%. I should add that would like to keep Amibroker as my strategy builder and make AB to communicate with MT4 which will send orders to my Forex broker. Anyone successfully auto-trading Forex using AB or MT4?
    3- The forex Broker. I live in Canada. I'm thinking of choosing Alpari-idc (UK) as a Forex broker because they offer a choice of currency for your account, not just US$. Anyone has experience with them? Anyone auto-trading with them?

Any input from seasonned Forex and/or AB traders on any of the above 3 questions would be greatly appreciated.

mustang8888