New to Eurostoxx

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by l8braker, May 20, 2003.

1. I have the same question.

#11     May 21, 2003
  2. tomf

tomf

I have not experienced quote lags with eSignal so far. The only laggard I had once was J-Trader ;)

#12     May 21, 2003
  3. alain

alain

DJ EuroStoxx 50 Future (Currently M3)

Good Trading between 9.30 to 11. and from 13.30 to 18.00.

Don't try to trade after 18.00.. can be costly.

Take a look at the opening caps... they offer occur because it follows the US Markets and in the morning the market often adjusts... or over adjusts a little bit.

One thing to look at while looking at opening gaps: statistically when a opening gap closes during the first to hours of the day the probability is higher that it continues it's trend than reverse!

eSignal: The quotes have gotten much better... sometimes they still have little trouble such as this monday. As I'm informed they will upgrade the eurex datafeed in june or so. The people from eSignal here on ET know better!

Broker: Look at the service they offer and the administrative paper work... i.e. US-Brokers have always extensive paper-work. Very enjoying. Not so with european Brokers. And yes.. try to find an offer at max. 10€ (For a good service brokerage)

opening: and the opening will never be at 9:00.. it has always a delay from 2 to 10 minutes because of the price settlement from the previous days orders.

#13     May 21, 2003
  4. tomf

tomf

I don't agree on that, paperwork is about the same. Additionally, you actually should be paying less than for ES/NQ as the exchange fees for eurex are less. Between 3-4.50/rt is reasonable.

#14     May 21, 2003
  5. :) Glad someone appreciates it!

#15     May 21, 2003
  6. its true that esignals feed is not that great for eurex.. for one, it lags a second or two behind ib sometimes.. also, i dont think it includes every single trade.. esignal is changing data providers in a month or so and hopefully it will improve then.. but, for my style of trading, the lag doesnt bother me much..

-qwik

#16     May 21, 2003
  7. x-or

x-or

Be aware that Eurex charges cancellation/modification orders fee.
    I quitted estx50 trading for this reason.
    Too bad, because it is a good trading vehicle.

#17     May 23, 2003