New to currency trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by newbiefx, May 18, 2004.

1. newbiefx

newbiefx

Hi, I am new to currency trading and would like some beginning pointers.
    Books to read?
    Good brokers?
    Technical indicators that work?

Anything in general.

2. LouDogg

LouDogg

For brokers, I like Refco/FXCM and Oanda.

For books, "Trading in the global Currency Market" by Cornelius Luca is a good introduction. I also like both of the Victor Niederhoffer books. Some people here though differ on that.

My only piece of advise is to start small and look at the longer time frames (4 hours and up)

3. what are your goals?

4. newbiefx

newbiefx

Any particular reason why you reference Niederhofer?
    Has he made alot of money in FX?

My goals are to trade intra-day. I traded stocks and am looking to learn about trading currencies.

5. Have you ever traded at a prop trading firm?
    How long have you traded equities for?

If you are interested in learning more about currencies and day trading currencies, we hold a seminar every thursday night from 7-9 in our downtown NYC office. You will learn more about our different strategies that we use to consistently take money out of the market. We are the only currency day trading firm out there.
    Since you are new you will be able to learn from other more experienced traders on how to trade intra-day.

6. LouDogg

LouDogg

I just like the way his books are written mainly. They seem to reflect a style similar to my own. His infamous blow up came when he tried to short the Thai Baht durring their currency crisis. ooops!!!!

7. Buk

Buk

ditto Loudogg, FXCM are pretty good....Advanced Currency Markets are also quite a tight outfit........

http://www.ac-markets.com/

8. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

If you want to save your money and not give up any pips try trading currency futures at the CME. Get a 2 sided market from the banks not your broker. It is a great way to trade, get market depth and get the service that you need to trade professionally.

Call me if you would like our demo.