New SuperElite membership

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by candletrader, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only chumps are concerned with how many posts they have on this website. what a lame discussion.
    the real shooters say "f*ck all that" and focus their time and attention on exploiting inefficiencies in the market to profit from them.

#41     Feb 24, 2003
  2. Kind of going with this idea, this is what I think should be implemented:

Add a "Vote" option in the corner of each post along with the Edit * Quote * Kill options.

When a member's posts get at least 100 (or some # that we can argue about later) individual members voting that this members posts have substance or contribute greatly to this site.

The member will receive a separate "Voted Elite" status.

Baron, is this something that is even possible to do?

#42     Feb 24, 2003
  3. Kind of going with this idea, I think this should be implemented:

Leave all the member status's the way they are but,

Add a "Vote" option with the Edit * Quote * Kill in the corner of each post.

When a member has at least 100 (or some # that we can argue about later) individual members vote that their posts have substance or contribute to this site greatly.

A "Voted Elite" status will be added to their names.

Baron, Is this something that is even possible to do?

#43     Feb 24, 2003
  4. Oh, there's where that first post went. Thought I lost it. Tried to delete either one, they wouldn't go away.

#44     Feb 24, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This is what the Motley Fool does, but the truly strange just log in under all their aliases and vote for themselves.

--Db

#45     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Yeah, that could be problem. We will just have to raise that 100 to 200 because I'm sure there are some members here with at least 100 different aliases.

#46     Feb 24, 2003
  7. gnome

gnome

I wouldn't dignify it with a post. Oh CRAP! I just did. :cool:

#47     Feb 24, 2003
  8. dis

dis

Can one join the Super Elite by posting 10,000 messages to this thread? :confused:

#48     Feb 24, 2003
  9. Should be at least 2500 posts....:)

Don:)

#49     Feb 24, 2003
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

I agree Don, but be careful of challenging Candle or he'll have to rack up another 500 posts in the Chit-Chat area. Good God, imagine the polls.... :)

#50     Feb 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.