New SuperElite membership

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by candletrader, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okwon

okwon

I'm with Fruity.

#31     Feb 20, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

I'm with Faster also!

:p

#32     Feb 21, 2003
  3. shyhh

shyhh

hmm.... wonder when i will get there
    <----

#33     Feb 21, 2003
  4. HEHE..that's funny. :p

F. P.

#34     Feb 21, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Is there a merge function so that one may gain credit for all posts made under other aliases?

#35     Feb 21, 2003
  6. burnin

burnin

I cant believe im responding,..... so I guess I'm as pathetic as all you guys arguing about # of posts, what counts as a post, and your status.

The Bottom Line:

Get a life

P.S. Look at that, I just added a post,
    I'm gettin closer, Everyone's gonna respect me cuz I got alot a "jack squat" posts.:p

#36     Feb 23, 2003

7. I am

Kev

#37     Feb 23, 2003
  8. I think that members who rarely post but always have something of substance to offer should obtain a higher status than those who post frequently and have very little to offer.

Sometimes silence is golden.

#38     Feb 23, 2003
  9. Maybe someone has already mentioned this regarding this thread--I'm too lazy to go back and read every post-- but, I think the members who have been here the longest should have some kind of designated status; provided that they continue to post from time to time and do not abuse the board or other members.

The problem I have with giving SuperElite membership status to members with 1500 or more posts is that you can join one month and rack up 1500 post in a matter of a few weeks and say nothing or contribute very little to the over all purpose of ET. I've been here since 2001, and I've seen people come and go and alot of them have accumulated a large number of posts but have contributed very little. Instead, they did the opposite by being very offensive to other members, and I've seen several of them rack up additional post by simply posting a :), ?, or LOL, I agree, etc. Yea, they talked alot but said nothing. I just don't think that deserves any kind of special acknowledgement.

I also think there are some members who deserve some kind of special ranking (not necessarily SuperElite) -- and if you've been here for a while you know who they are; but, even there, I think it should be some kind of symbol like an asterisk by their name or some kind of ranking tied to the number of recommendations they have been given by other members. For example--and I'm not just singling him out-- Robert (rtharp) has been around here for quite a while, he has been given 5 recommendations from other members, and he continues to contribute good quality information and posts to the board. I think that is worth special recognition. As I said, he is just one example; there are several others here in the same category.

Just my opinion.

#39     Feb 24, 2003
  10. Fruity said it for me, thanks Fruity!

#40     Feb 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.