New SuperElite membership

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by candletrader, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, to an extent I agree. But someone having a collective total of a few hundred posts with many containing as little as "LOL!" does not make a respondent any more valid than a new member with three posts in a topic. Content does matter, to some degree. And it truly should be left to each reader to determine a post/posters comment usefulness.

Based on that position, it is virtually impossible to assign anything other than participation significance to the total of a members posts. In that event, there are those here at Elite who are "Elite!" participants. :)

#21     Feb 20, 2003
  2. I want to be a Super Duper Extraordinary Elite Member.

How many more posts do I need now?

SPC

#22     Feb 20, 2003
  3. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Personally, I think once a person reaches a certain number of posts then the count should disappear all together. Having an active post count and having a top 15 posters list encourages people to post just for the sake of posting. I think the content of ET would become more useful and streamlined if people stopped caring about their # of posts/

#23     Feb 20, 2003
  4. Yes, I can agree with this... maybe once you have reached 1000 posts, your total number of posts should disappear and you should simply get "1000+" under your name... that way, there will be less emphasis on the number of posts...

#24     Feb 20, 2003
  5. I think this is a really good idea.

#25     Feb 20, 2003
  6. Yes, this equalizes things for active members... I made a new poll for this... please vote on it...

#26     Feb 20, 2003
  7. I agree with both points.

#27     Feb 20, 2003
  8. IMO,

The "Elite" status should go to members that start and maintain the highest quantities of RELEVANT trading threads by self-moderating the thread they started...

Even if they can't actually banish Dickhead Troublemaker posts, at least they could keep on topic by staying involved in it and asking folks to stay on topic.

Any idiot can post replies but the real stars are the ones who start good trading threads and politely keep them from degenerating into some off-topic crap.

They should be recognized for that.

Also, for DanielM's point, this would be a much more accurate way for new members to guage the experience of the other members.

Just my .02

Paul

#28     Feb 20, 2003
  9. I agree with Daniel M about keeping it Elite. In the folklore, there are Heroes, Demi Gods, and Gods, not ... Super Gods !?!

... 'Super Elite Member' is so ... ... American ! :D

I also agree with the minimum time being Elite Trader's member as well as being trader (at least two years in my opinion). This would differentiate 'Elite' members from the gamblers who come and go after a short time.
    As for the # of post, it's all relative, but 'Elite Members' would be those who usually post educative/informative/overall good humour posts, therefore if a member got his/her post deleted by moderators, he/she would lose 10-20 posts in his/her tally.

Elite Members should be the traders who went through the test of time and maturity, profitability is not as important as experience and scars, and whose posts one should slow down to read when glancing through numerous posts in numerous threads.

Cheers!! :)

#29     Feb 20, 2003
  10. WHO CARES HOW MANY POSTS SOMEONE HAS, WHAT THEIR MEMBER STATUS IS, OR IF THEIR NUMBER IS CUT OFF AT 1000!?!?!?!?!?!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!

FRuiTY P.

#30     Feb 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.