New SuperElite membership

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by candletrader, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that members who have 1500+ posts should be given SuperElite membership status...

2. tfmoney

tfmoney

:D :D :D :D

3. Thanks for the support!! :D :D :D

4. nah, i like the name ELITE

i think we need to bump up the requirements for reaching elite status though. 500 posts hardly qualifies as "elite" these days. it should be at least 1000.

and maybe a time requirement too, like 1 year.

hows about it Baron?

5. I agree with the bump up to 1000 for Elite Member... then 1500 for SuperElite member and 2000 for UltraSuperElite Member... I also agree with a 1 year membership to qualify for anything above Elite Member...

6. nah, "super elite" sounds gay. BAD.

let's just leave it at elite. it goes well with the name of the site.

and rather than just the number of posts, maybe we could make it that you have to be in the top 10 posters to get to "Elite"?

(or maybe we could call it Elitist Member :D)

7. I disagree, there is nothing gay about SuperElite...

On the second point, I actually support the top 20 posters being displayed, instead of just 10 or 15...

8. 1) it's gay. definitely gay. well, at least it's corny.

2) i'm not saying not to display them, hell, display the top 50 if you want. but let's keep the top 10 as ELITE.

afterall, "elite" isn't really all that elite if every tom, dick and harry can get it.

9. No, I disagree... if we only have Elite for the top 10 posters, then everyone who loses their Elite status will get angry... hence I am supportive of new SuperElite and UltraSuperElite status...

10. your compassion is admirable candle. what a humanitarian...

but it's also totally misplaced.

the point is we want to make being an ELITE member something rare; something desirable; something not available to the common joe; something....elite.

and even if we don't make ELITE only available to the top 10, we obviously need to raise the bar on what it takes to get there.

i agree.

but if we say you need 2000 posts, well, over time, it's gonna get flooded again (and once again won't be all that 'elite')

that's why i favor a limited amount of places.

but i suppose it's possible to keep changing the requirements. (u know, from 2000 to 3000 to 4000 etc..)

as far as your asinine "super elite" and even more asinine "ultra super elite" (please!) go -- forget it!
    i'm leaving elitetrader if that happens.

thankfully i think there's no way anyone would support such cheesy titles.

#10     Feb 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.