New Study shows under Obama, middle class jobs have been replaced by burger flipping

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Lost Middle-Class Jobs Being Replaced by Burger-Flipping and Retail Gigs: NELP Study

There's been a lot of talk in recent years about the "hollowing out" of the American middle class. A new study by the National Employment Law Project (NELP) confirms the troubling trend.

NELP broke down jobs into low/ middle/and high-wage groups based on median incomes. Looking at the period from early 2008 through the first quarter of 2012, the study found:

"High-wage" occupations accounted for 19% of the jobs lost during the Great Recession and 20% of the jobs gained during the recovery.

"Mid-wage" occupations suffered 60% of job losses during the recession but only 22% of the growth during the recovery.

"Low-wage" occupations accounted for 21% of the losses and a whopping 58% of the growth.

In other words, NELP found what many Americans already know:

The market for middle class jobs has shrunk and most of the jobs that have been created during the recession are in low-income areas like retail and food services.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Onward and towards the new classless society! Long live Chairman ObaMao!

2. pspr

pspr

I think drug dealer jobs have increased under Obama. I just don't know if those are high-paying or middle class jobs.

3. No doubt, if you lost your job in 2008/09, as I did, it's unlikely you're making as much money as you used too. If you're lucky enough to have found something at all, it ain't what it used to be. I know I took a major hit on the pay scale. Thankfully I'm near the end of my run, have a buck or two stashed away, and have always lived well within my means. Anyone who was stretched is now getting stretched, if you know what I mean.

4. I know Romney created a lot of minimum wage Staples and Diminos pizza jobs while at Bain

5. Brass

Brass

You mean when not dividending going concerns right out of business soon after acquiring them?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Someone tell me this is not true.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"GM Sales: Bloomberg report.

79% of GM’s sales last month was government purchased July 12th,
    2012 Remember how Obama keeps telling us how he saved GM, and how our economy is getting better, it seems the car company he bought is being saved by Govt employees using our tax money to buy new cars. 79% of GM’s sales last month was government purchased.GM’s sales figures for last month were the best since 2008 , up 16% for the month of June.

YIPPEE! Well, wait just a minute. It seems that those rosy sales figures are
    due primarily to a 79% increase in fleet sales to the U.S.
    government in June. That’s right. Our tax dollars are being used to pump up
    GM’s sales figures ahead of next month’s quarterly report so that Dear Leader
    can point to Government Motors as a huge success. The incestuous relationship
    between GM, the UAW and the Regime has never been more glaringly apparent.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. GM is unsustainable without
    government subsidies and will ultimately go bust again, taking billions of
    taxpayer dollars down with it.We bailed out General Motors to the tune of $50
    billion. $30 billion of this is effectively a loss, mostly sunk into
    fattening the United Auto Workers union—fierce Obama supporters—while the
    actual bondholders were shown the elevator shaft.

Meanwhile, as News Busters reports, “We the Taxpayers are still stuck holding
    500+ million shares of GM stock. Which we need to sell at $53 per. Which
    debuted post-bankruptcy at $33 per. And which is currently trading at just
    over $20 per. Meaning we’ll lose about $15 billion.”But it gets better.
    Despite the overwhelming negatives, the tiny bright spot of positive June
    sales numbers is being heralded by Obama and the leftist press as proof the
    auto bailout was a “success.” Obama is now campaigning on the “success” of –
    the government buying cars from…the government’s car company. With our
    money.American vision says That’s like you setting up a lemonade stand for
    your kids. You buy them the lemons, sugar, cups and pitchers – and then buy
    most of the lemonade yourself. The pressure is on Government Motors to appear financially strong as this may be the last earnings report before November elections and sets the stage for how “successful” GM is. One of GM’s past tricks to help fudge earnings numbers has been to stuff truck inventory channels. Old habits die hard at GM. According to a Bloomberg report, “GM said inventory of its full-size pickups, which will be refreshed next year, climbed to 238,194 at the end of June, a 135 days’
    supply, up from 116 days at the end of May.” 135 days’ supply is huge, the
    accepted norm is a 60 day supply. The trick here is that GM records revenue
    when vehicles go into dealerships."

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

At least YOU were able to find employment. :)

8. pspr

pspr

Another use of smoke and mirrors to make Obama look better. I wonder if the government bought even a single Ford.

9. LOL commie-style.

#10     Sep 5, 2012