New Study Confirms That Carbs Make You Fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Nov 19, 2018.

1. As are the two other macro-nutrients, protein and fat.

#31     Nov 24, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. bone

bone

Meat seasoned with salt & pepper, big bowls of leafy greens with homemade Italian Dressing. Repeat. I will snack on nuts but those can add up. I’ll take a multivitamin and a few psyllium fiber caps every day. I’ll alternate steamed green beans and broccoli in there too.

If I’m working out I’ll have to eat some carbs beforehand - brown rice or some steel cut whole oats typically with some peanut butter.

I drink water and tea - a lot of it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    #32     Nov 24, 2018

3. It is not about draconian diet, it is simple will power and discipline that we all lack to stick to a task and give it 100%. We don't need cookies and cake, we choose whether to eat them. We let life's stresses and lack of time to take the easy route and that is why instead of having bad foods every once in a while as a treat, it ends up being a daily routine. But that is quite simple to fix which is up to each of us depending on what is our own goals so to each their own.

#33     Nov 25, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Athletes don't do the 45 minute lifting routine the avergae person does at Planet Fitness....

#34     Nov 25, 2018
  5. He might mean net 20 grams I think but I will let him clarify. Personally when I was doing well I was at 50 net grams and felt great.

#35     Nov 25, 2018
  6. I believe the point is carbs are usually the macronutrient that most people over indulge in and are more easily converted to stored fat. The body needs protein and fat and no only does it take longer to digest and breakdown but they are used by the body for various necessary functions.

#36     Nov 25, 2018
    tommcginnis and speedo like this.
  7. Also let us not forget the difference between OPINION and FACT. Many people are of the opinion that they cannot have a diet so low in net carbs because they would not enjoy it or find it too restrictive and they want their breads, pastas, cookies etc. That is fine. But that is an OPINION. And you are entitled to it and can eat anyway you want, lift any way you want, do whatever rep scheme you find sexy.

FACT is you can be healthy and active eating a ketogenic/paleo style diet. But based on the OPINION above, it is not for everyone. Understood.

My problem is many people here are answering a factual basis with their opinion. Also they fall under the "this is not for me so let me state that it is wrong" camp.

I don't force my opinion or demand everyone has to eat this way. Do what you want but I am happy to share my research/knowledge/experience.

But be careful of those armed only with OPINION to discredit something already factually supported by numerous studies simply because they dont find it appealing to their own way of eating.

#37     Nov 25, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's the truth. When I was calorie counting every single thing I ate, it was amazing how calorie dense that nuts were. I mean, you can grab a handful of nuts and easily have 350 calories or more sitting right there just in your palm.

#38     Nov 25, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. I can destroy a Costco sized container of salted cashews in one day....they are soooooo good.

#39     Nov 25, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  10. wjk

wjk

#40     Nov 25, 2018