New Study Confirms That Carbs Make You Fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Lately when I cheat and eat shit carbs I get dry mouth and thirsty shortly after. Then I feel like blah. I have not been strict these past few months and I hate that feeling. But definitely the water bloat I feel after eating something bread heavy or dessert and sugary is real...

#11     Nov 20, 2018
    eurusdzn likes this.
  2. yabz

yabz

If you eat processed carbs like sugar you will put on weight for sure.

If you eat carbs in the form of whole foods: potatoes, fruit, rice, oats, beans etc, you will not put on weight however much you eat. And you will have plenty of energy.

#12     Nov 21, 2018

3. Sorry but that is not entirely true. Foods such as fruit, rice and potatoes are not eat all you want and you will never get fat. The blood sugar spikes and loaded calories will lead to fat if you eat open ended.

#13     Nov 21, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  4. yabz

yabz

The fiber in whole foods prevents blood sugar from spiking. It is literally impossible to get fat on whole plant foods.

#14     Nov 21, 2018
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If that was the case, then every farmer doing daily manual labor and living off the land out in the middle of nowhere should be skinny. But we know that's not how it plays out.

Farmer_joe.png

#15     Nov 22, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. You could not be more wrong... you could try...

Sumo wrestlers mainly eat rice to pack on the weight...

There is not enough fiber in any of that to let you eat ad lib and not put on any weight. I would put down the 1950s textbook and pic up a book more.recent.

I am just going to assume you are trolling for responses .

#16     Nov 22, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. speedo

speedo

Carbs, simple or complex that are not used are converted and stored as fat.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    #17     Nov 22, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  8. yabz

yabz

Farmers today in the west eat a lot of junk food and animal products. Farmers is Asia, those who eat a traditional diet high is rice, are skinny.

#18     Nov 22, 2018
  9. yabz

yabz

I just weighed myself. I'm 59 kg and 187 cm tall. I eat unlimited whole foods every meal. I don't eat animal products and not much junk food. There are countless other people who say the same thing. Go to rural Asia if you don't believe me.

#19     Nov 22, 2018
  10. luisHK

luisHK

Holy F#ck! I'm 99/100k for 179cm and feel skinny ...
    You probably could eat more carbs !

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    #20     Nov 22, 2018