New strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ddav, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

Nod...., thanks for your final word. What I did already in evaluating the developed strategy was for me more work than I personally want to repeat. I only do this part time, but if I take a trade real time, I would need time to play/manage it real time and posting simultaneously would not be any fun for me. As I said above, I am not the greatest trader and I really try to get a better fill than the strategy, I let the strategy tell me when the time to place an order arrives and then I place it according to a smaller time frame chart. This way in my part time trading, so far, I have not had a loser yet. The raw strategy can have a losing trade, but that is relatively rare as you may be able to see from the profit reports presented above. The developer does not have/want an account here, for obvious reasons. What I have learned so far in evaluation, is that the developed strategy code is designed to follow the market movers to the tick and then execute when they decide to move the market in another direction. This is done at the tick level and so far as I can see, has remained consistent each day of my evaluation. This has led me to the understanding, that there simply could not be any better code out there except for the code being used by the actual market movers that this code simply follows real time to the tick. (except to incorporate what is done manually)I also see why it has remained consistent for over a year, because the same market movers, that it follows are still moving the market.

#61     Nov 13, 2010
  2. ddav

ddav

log...., actually was posting them as close to the real time execution as I was able to do. I am no computer expert and it just took that long to get them here.

#62     Nov 13, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

Eig...., thanks for the suggestion. It is a strategy and I do not consider it to be a system. The developer calls it a strategy.

#63     Nov 13, 2010
  4. ddav

ddav

Din...., See above post to Nod...... I think the market movers are already using the original. This is only a following copy, but it follows to the tick and executes when they do and all in real time. Really nice to be able to draw extensions that are hit to the tick and not a range.

#64     Nov 13, 2010
  5. ddav

ddav

Rol...., I think the developer already stated his terms. Sorry

#65     Nov 13, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

A few have given some good suggestions on live presentations. I am not interested in doing so, but the developer might be persuaded to do so, if there is an easy way to do so. The developer may be a genius/or lucky at understanding market action, but he may not be adept as even I at presentation, if that is possible. Does anyone have some ideas as to the easiest ways to go about real time presentation and consider also that the developer does not have a commercial site. Thank you in advance.

#66     Nov 13, 2010
  7. I understand that you might not be a computer expert, but, if the strategy is as good as you claim, you're making it look bad.

Also, a simple text post saying "Bought at XYZ level" in real-time, followed by another simple post saying "Sold at XYZ level", also in real-time, would be more convincing than a picture posted hours after the fact. There are a number of threads dedicated to just this kind of post.

#67     Nov 13, 2010
  8. I am just getting back into trading again after a long needed break and then I find this thread...these offers just never seem to go away do they fellah's?

So let me get this correct...I open up a TradeStation Account. I get this strategy and trade it with my capital...without any money up front for the strategy... and at the end of 30 days I split the profits? whatever they may be?

Assuming I could stop in the middle (or even during the first trade) if I see the strategy is not winning and I owe nothing...why wouldn't I try this? sheesh after the first trade it would finance itself..

You can understand that when a deal sounds like this ...well assuming my scenario explained above is correct...it is too good to be true...but what the heck...I might try this (I think).

Talk to Me ddav...The opening post says I need $1,504.00...but prolly tradestation needs 2K to open up an account right? This is nothing...but prolly the strategy will lose on the first trade....if I get in it...I am not new to this.

Please I mean no disrespect...is just that it sounds like snakeoil and I will feel real bad if this strategy is as good as I hope it is...sure we all hope for the best...but after all these years I am siding with the Pro's here...

ES

http://media.photobucket.com/image/snake oil salesman/hawk915/misc/milliken_snakeoil.gif?o=4]

#68     Nov 13, 2010
  9. [​IMG]

P.S. I am going to go walk my dog now at the Dog Park...be back in a little bit.

#69     Nov 13, 2010
  10. ddav,

I think it is time for you to start a journal and stop "selling" the system. If you have a system to sell, we have a classified section for that.

I'll close the thread.

#70     Nov 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.