New strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ddav, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

Nfa...., Please look above to previous real time posts. Yes, they have already been posted. Ear...., the strategy is for "rent" for the reasons posted above and the developer asked me to see if there was any interest from anyone who wanted to make money using it. I think this strategy dispels any thought that real time day trading is dead. The strategy was developed during high frequency trading and remains profitable despite that trading to the present day. Thank you both for your thoughts and is there any other interest?

#51     Nov 12, 2010
  2. I'm guilty of not reading the whole thread. It is a little more lengthy than I have time for.

Personally, I'm not interested. But thanks. I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to anything posted in these forums. Especially when it comes to winning strategies. If these strategies were such winners, you could make all the money you wanted without having to "rent" it out to someone else. Sounds like a good scam to get the reward without the risk.

Convince the skeptics and run it realtime, live over the net with something like GotoMeeting. People would scamper to the strategy if it were legit. Which is telling in itself.

#52     Nov 12, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

Ear......, Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, the developer would play it forever, if he lived that long. Since he sees a possible end to his live, he has given thought to any other that might want to make money with it, while he takes to doing other things in his retirement. As far as lack of interest, join the crowd. Still like zero interest in making possibly in the range of $250k per quarter on one futures contract, as the raw strategy has demonstrated above. As far as running it real time, anybody interested? Thank you in advance.

#53     Nov 12, 2010
  4. I just read through most of this thread. I'm even more skeptical now than before. If I were a betting man, I'd say that you are the guy trying to sell the strategy. If not, then you sure come off that way. Why else in the world would be be pimping it so hard? It goes way beyond simply trying to evaluate it and asking opinions about the "rent" terms. Trying to pose as a curious potential buyer of the strat looks sketchy at best.

If I had something in my hands that was doing that well in a realistic environment (and I didn't think it was a 1-hit wonder), anyone would probably jump on it. The question is, why aren't you? I think we know the answer to that.

My advice to anyone reading this thread is to stay very far away from this so called proposal. The trading world is filled with all sorts of unreal promises and claims of success. This sounds like just another one of those.

There is a reason why the people making very good returns with algo trading keep the strats to themselves. They don't go out and sell their systems. Duh! If this guy was for real and his system was for real, he could easily command millions from a number of places willing to buy the code outright. Instead, he is here on Elite Trader trying to nickle and dime people?

Run away. Very fast.

#54     Nov 12, 2010
  5. ddav

ddav

Ear., thanks for your thoughts. I also thank all who shared their thoughts here. I think I got my answers here. I seem to be the only one on board and I am simply going to trade it as long as the developer allows me to do so. I am glad that it fell into my hands and since I have compared it with a multitude of trading alternatives available commercially, or even talked about here, I am pretty well assured that I am simply not going to find/get/buy/rent anything better.

#55     Nov 12, 2010
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

My final word here: If the developer is interested in getting a good bunch of system renters, the best way to do that is to post the signaled trades here in real time for at least a week or two.

That would be very easy to do, would ensure that there is no survivor bias or forward-looking signal erasure, and I'm certain it would attract a herd of customers for the developer because an automated system removes all the psychological crap that causes traders to fall short of their potential.

#56     Nov 12, 2010
  7. Eight

Eight

Put it up on collective2.com

#57     Nov 12, 2010
  8. dinn13

dinn13

I call bullshit. This is so a scam. And I bet that ddav is the 'developer'. Anyone who contacts him be prepared to be ripped off.

If this system were real it would be easy to pitch it to any number of hedge funds or prop shops which would happily throw as much money at it as the strat could support.

#58     Nov 12, 2010
  9. What's weird about this thread is that the OP seems to think that posting a picture file hours after the fact is the same as "real-time". To me, "real time" is something quite different.

What do I care about some picture saying you made a trade at 1PM ET, but posted at 5PM ET? Tell me about the trade at 1PM ET. It's not a complicated concept.

#59     Nov 12, 2010
  10. Okay, I'll play along.

I'll pay 20% of the net profits as a fee with a catch up provision to be made whole for any losing months. I'll open up an account with a starting equity of 10X the peak to valley drawdown.

PM me with the details.

#60     Nov 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.