New strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ddav, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

Less than 7 people have even looked at all the pictures above. Remember, that these are "real-time" screen shots taken off real-time charts as the signals appear real-time on my computer with the actual strategy code Diamond Locked running in real-time mode for all evaluation. All the buy/sell signals shown are "real-time" with all arrows placed by Trade station "real-time. Just to clarify

#31     Nov 5, 2010
  2. mujoh

mujoh

50% profit sharing isn't a good deal...you get the same as the vendor but have to take all the risk...

And how do you measure performance? Do you take the Tradestation report every month? If yes what happens when your real trading is different to the report? Or do you need to send broker statements? How about losing months? Do you need to share profits only after you reach new equity highs then?

Nevertheless why doesn't the vendor trade the system himself? Before you really put money on the table you should test the strategy for several weeks in sim and with 1 contract first.

#32     Nov 5, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

Thank you muj... Yes, I am evaluating it one day at a time and have shared some real-time results above. I think the developer is using it, but for the reasons stated above now is looking into renting it out. There hasn't ever been a loosing day (trading off it) let alone a loosing month so far this 1+ year according to the developer. The raw strategy has not had a loosing week let alone a loosing month according to Trade station profit calculations. I can say that no loosing day so far in my evaluation and I do not consider myself to be a very good trader. I do again thank you for your thoughts. Thinking about renting it is easy to do for me, since developer and I interact well and I am very willing to share daily and annual net profit reports/returns. If there were to be a loosing day (and this hasn't happened yet) the rental would be free for that period. Only real profits would be shared. Since, he and I so far have been unable to loose money with it so far, I am not overly concerned about that eventuality at this point. Thank you for sharing this point. Since trading performance is a personal skill of money management, that would be a function of the renter's personal skill level and yes, I would advise 1 contract and all results above are based on one contract only.

#33     Nov 5, 2010
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

This has been a very entertaining thread. Although I haven't looked at any of posted attachments, it appears from reading the thread that you are evaluating an automated system that is working for you in real time as you evaluate it and is doing very well so far. So what exactly are you looking for from ET members?

If something appears to be working well, there is little risk to the strategy, and it potentially produces annual returns that are beyond belief, why aren't you using this program?

As for buy/sell signals in real time, quite some time ago before deciding to undertake our own automation project, we reviewed some canned automated systems that showed buy/sell signals at perfect pivot points. There were literally no losers. We found a way to evaluate a couple of them in real time and found that the buy/sell signals appeared on the chart and if the signaled trade failed (price moved through the place where your stop would be just outside the pivot point), the buy/sell signal immediately vanished. So at the end of the day, all that remained were the signals that actually worked.

You should see my equity curve to-date when the losers are removed.

My mind's a bit cloudy today, so if I've missed some critical point in this thread, please forgive me and elucidate.

#34     Nov 5, 2010
  5. kiko2663

kiko2663

DDAV.....

I sent you a pm when you get a chance....

#35     Nov 5, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

Nod...., thanks for your thoughts. On Trade station as the real-time signal is placed on the live chart it is also sent to the Trade Manager for execution. This process can not be reversed in Trade station that I know. All the signals from the strategy stay on the real-time charts of the pictures above, weather or not I chose to execute them or try for a better fill as I showed in pictures above. In any case all Trade station Profit reports are based on all generated signals weather taken at that signal price or filled at a different price and then are presented in statistics with commission and 2 tick slippage removed to compensate.(Trade station always assumes worse and never better fill.) The fed day it generated at least 10 signals and none went for a loss. Total net profit off these signals after commission and 2 tick slippage removed was about $3000 for the day on one TF contract as calculated by Trade station. (see exact figure above) My concern was initially on the statistics of the Profit Report and the rental terms. Now it focuses on the rental terms, since through my evaluation, I am very satisfied with profits. I also rephrased my original question and added one above. I am glad you have been entertained.

#36     Nov 6, 2010
  7. ddav

ddav

Nod...., maybe you would be more entertained if you actually looked at the posted attachments. To date less than 9 people have looked at them. I guess all the others here are too busy looking at their own real-time live screens that are showing results better than the 2213.67% Annual Rate Of Return that Trade station calculated for net profit trading just 1 TF contract on Fed day. I must be very much left out of the loop of where all the others are getting these other superior trading strategies and all getting better than 2213.67% AROR. In any case I still feel comfortable limiting myself to such low profit returns, because so far I have not even experienced taking even one signal off the trading strategy that has gone for a loss. I have yet to experience this from the strategy and maybe that is the experience so captivating to all the others, that it precludes their interest here. In any event, I may be just left out of the knowledge loop of superior performing strategies. If so, anyone, please feel free to enlighten me. Thank you in advance.

#37     Nov 6, 2010
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I would prefer to see you call live on this thread the real time trades it signals for the next two weeks. This would demonstrate that indeed the system incurs no losses and potentially could produce the return you're extrapolating, and you'd be certain that there is no forward-looking survivor bias going on that you're possibly missing.

#38     Nov 6, 2010
  9. ddav

ddav

Nod...., Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, That is what is posted above for time frame about Fed day, with real-time pictures. None of the real-time signals are ever removed from the real-time charts of the pictures showen by Trade station, because it does not have that capability as explained above. The "strategy" is capable of a loosing trade. It just did not happen on Fed day. The 2213.67% AROR is calculated by Trade station as a net profit for that one day of signals and will change day by day. During my evaluation on a few days of data held on the live charts (Trade station removes the old data automatically) it has ranged from the 100's% to the 1000,s%. AROR so far. I think I posted a Profit Report above with about a 80%+ win/loss ratio. It has not deviated much from that. Some periods with 100% win/loss and some with less. I just have not had a loosing trade playing off the signals yet. Maybe someday someone will volunteer to run it live on the web so a lot can see it place the signals on actual real-time charts.

#39     Nov 7, 2010
  10. ddav

ddav

I think at least one expressed interest to know if it worked in all markets. Yes, it does. See attached. I just prefer the TF. More profitable on average.
    The 247.14% AROR is the YM and the 356.93% AROR is the TF. Both the latest running results from my trial evaluation on non back tested data that is net with commission and any slippage removed by Trade station Profit report.

#40     Nov 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.