New strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ddav, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

I am very new at this and do not want to appear rude, but does anyone have an opinion on renting this on his terms? I thought Elite Trader was filled with elite traders that had a lot of opinions. Why haven't I gotten even one opinion on renting on his terms? Am I too impatient on making money with it? Maybe so and I apologize for that, but I really want to know. Thank you in advance.

#21     Nov 4, 2010
  2. ddav

ddav

Next take profit signal after last sell signal above. Anyone with opinion on renting this on his terms. Thank you in advance.

#22     Nov 4, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

Again, a miss by 3 ticks in next taken sell signal. See picture. Anyone on thoughts if his terms of rental seem fair? Thank you in advance.

#23     Nov 4, 2010
  4. ddav

ddav

At this time, since I am convinced in the soundness of the strategy, all I am interested is in your opinion on his terms of rental. I do not have access to any strategies doing > 2800% AROR, so I think I could be satisfied with this low performing one. Just want to know, since I am new to this, if his terms seem fair. See last buy signal after last sell above. Thank you in advance.

#24     Nov 4, 2010
  5. Dude, it's going to be your funeral. You've been warned. I'm assuming that you have already come up with some valid reasons why anyone in their right mind would sell a system with such potential.

For that kind of cash, you should be getting a "try-before-you-buy" type of thing. If you're not getting the actual code, there should be no reason you aren't allowed to test drive it for free over a decent # of trades before you put up money. During that test drive, you'd better be trading it with real cash yourself. If you're willing to put up $25k a month for something, you should be willing to risk trading it live with a couple contracts at $10/point. Anything else and you're just fooling yourself.

#25     Nov 4, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

Goo..., thank you for your thoughts. The reason he wishes to "rent" not sell is that he is getting old and no longer wishes to play it himself. If you saw the pictures above, you might realize that the program does work as described. It is Diamond locked with expiration controlled by him. The trades are as real as Trade station as posted above. In other words I am doing the evaluation live and posting results above live off my charts on Trade station live. The signals appear real and live on my computer, but the code is Diamond Locked. In other words it is encrypted and he holds the time lock key. So far, it has performed as he described and he even showed me how to set it to show the ending tick of the market close at bell and it hit that tick on my computer at exactly market close to the tick and not +_ anything and all real time. It has ranged and hovered about 1000% +_AROR on my real time charts with commission and 2 tick slippage calculated by Trade station. I posted the Trade station results for yesterday that was from the code running real time on my actual computer, just with code encrypted and time locked. The rental is only 1/2 of net profit, so the better I play off the code, the more there is to share. The $25K/ month figure is only a Trade station estimated projection based on one contract played 20 days/ month.
    Now is there any "ELITE Trader" out there that would be willing to give 1/2 of net profits of such "system with such potential"?
    Second question: Is there any "Elite Trader" out there that is experienced and would run this code live on the net?

#26     Nov 4, 2010
  7. rental is 1/2 the profit? are you insane? assuming I rent this, what's left for me after taxes? life is full of reward/risk opportunities. this is a tragic deal for taking 100% risk on my part.

#27     Nov 4, 2010
  8. Your results are very impressive. Avg Win/Lose ratio is not a problem since percent of profitable trades is so high.
    Anyway something seems suspicious to me. You need running this strategy in real-time to see its real performance.

#28     Nov 5, 2010
  9. kinggps

kinggps

Assuming this is real -- a helluva assumption -- I think it's a no-brainer to go with it.

What's left after taxes? Plenty, if OPs figures are right and system is real. So he pays 50% of net profit in fees, and is taxed on 100% of net profit. Big deal. He's still making several thousand $ per month on 1 contract.

The real question of course is whether such a system exists, and if it does, why anyone other than the developer's friends and family know about it.

DDav, can you shoot me a link with the developer/system contact info? I'd love to check out the signals. You just have to excuse us for not taking everything at face value, initially anyways.

#29     Nov 5, 2010
  10. ddav

ddav

Thank you for your thoughts fors..., euge... and king..... Eugene, could you be a little more specific with your suspicions? Kinggps, the strategy has been in evaluation for less than 2 years and just recently has it started to be disseminated. Yes, it is not currently available commercially yet, but all interest could be forwarded to developer if you simply send me a private message here on forum. So far it appears 1 - and 1 + vote for 1/2 net profit rental. I am not a tax lawyer, but I think that the cost of rental of your strategy tool would be a deductible item and you would only be paying tax on your net profit after rental expenses. So if you netted $1000 in a month, then you would only be paying tax on net income of $500 / month after expense of rental. Any and all other expenses would be deducted from the remaining $500 before taxes would start to be calculated. By the way, it is very real and even real time on my computer, Diamond Locked for security. The statistics come from Trade station and I think most consider it real also. All statistics are after commission and 2 tick round trip slippage as calculated by Trade station. All pictures above are off real time charts as the real time signals appear on my charts on my computer "real time". Again, thank you for all your thoughts.

#30     Nov 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.