New state-of-the-art web-based trading platform

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by syswizard, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 11 years ago I had a broker try to sell me software that would put an up arrow or down arrow on my charts letting me know which way the trend was going. The trend signal was supposedly based off of floor trader secrets. I am not kidding.

#11     Oct 5, 2010
  2. I can believe you aren't kidding but in 1999 trading software capabilities were extremely limited. In 1999 most floor traders still believed their jobs were secure forever. Eleven years ago trading from a computer was even more "fringe" than it is today.

#12     Oct 5, 2010
  3. SMH...More lollipop whistles and pixie stix. I don't see what would be so state-of-the-art about it other than workflow. No doubt though this will surely be the way of higher end terminal services. Late last night I'm nearly certain they had Reuters' CEO, along with others, on a CNBC special I was watching. They spent an especially long time talking about what their companies business models were doing to make use of social media and marketing, content creation, micro payments, etc... I remembered thinking that the guy seemed like he had a lot to talk about the subject to be a data/news company. I see this must be their way of leveraging it, and no doubt they'll have more things to sell you than just data. Although I'm certain it's a business model that will probably shape the way others will follow suit. I can't imagine Bloomberg terminals being far off from having their own similar social/trading platform as well. Just for the financial bloggers alone it would probably be worth using the service to see if it increased their business models. I'll give it a test run. I use to get data from them so I'm sure they'll give me a demo...I'll let you know what I make of it.

#13     Oct 5, 2010
  4. spd

spd

I have a real hard time taking the phrase Web 2.0 or any who says it seriously.

#14     Oct 5, 2010
  5. pspr

pspr

There's already trading packages in the cloud. Seems to me to be just another way to charge recurring fees.

#15     Oct 5, 2010

6. I use to have a hard time taking on the idea of what that means too, but it's merely just what the first 2 sentences are below. I wouldn't read much further into it than that, before you get confused, because it's really something the "regular" web was doing before they coined a name for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0
    The term Web 2.0 is commonly associated with web applications that facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design,[1] and collaboration on the World Wide Web. A Web 2.0 site gives its users the free choice to interact or collaborate with each other in a social media dialogue as creators (prosumer) of user-generated content in a virtual community, in contrast to websites where users (consumer) are limited to the passive viewing of content that was created for them.

#16     Oct 5, 2010
  7. Does this new application at least come with LIVE STREAMING video content of the "Daily Hottie" page??? :eek:

:D :D :D

#17     Oct 5, 2010
  8. Put in a enhancement request....

#18     Oct 6, 2010
  9. Relative to what?

#19     Oct 7, 2010
  10. AK100

AK100

I always wonder if the people who write that crap do it as a joke or whether or not they believe the rubbish.

#20     Oct 7, 2010