New Spam Attack

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by RCG Trader, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Am I gonna have to disable my email?????

Joe, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE REINCARNATIONS!!!!!

NETPOS is his name today!

2. Joe

Joe

Deleted posts, banned account and IP.
    Thanks!

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Seriously Joe WTF. Are you telling me this guy actually took the time to spam all of us one PM at a time? I thought there was a time limit put in to stop this.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I didn't get a spam message. :( :p

Thus, does it seem like the spammer and those before him/her are targeting particular ET members?

My point is that there must be something in our profile or where we tend to post message posts here at ET that makes some a target in comparison to others that don't get spammed. :confused:

The only commonality I noticed the past year or so by those complaining here in the feedback thread of getting spammed in their private messages is that the targets tend to hang out in the chit chat or political & religion threads.

I wonder what ET management has to say about my theory.

Mark

5. That would suggest you are not a member of the ET fight club. I never see you post there. This fellow has a chip and thinks that because we engage in controversy on the board then we want that crap spammed in our personal email boxes.

Not true:mad:

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because you are a nobody...

Stupid spammer, wasted it on a political message, when he could have spammed a trading room...

7. Post a complaint and report his posts, you will start to get it. I must be on his shit list.

I am just curious what his first 1 to 3 posts were like. How did he get through the moderators' screening initially with his new handle. He must pretend to talk like a normal human being.

8. Cotton

Cotton

Based on some of his other persona's, that's exactly what he/she is doing. Waits a few days and then...SPAM!