New software dev project

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by psheridan050, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Stratasearch can handle "no Wednesdays", but I am not sure about "no third Wednesdays". Amibroker and Stratasearch offer free trials, so playing around with those packages at no cost is an option.

#31     Apr 7, 2008
  2. Ive been playing with statasearch. I havent gotten very far with its screener yet, but Im wondering about historical screening. Can you tell it to backtest over the last 5 years any stock that has had RSI(14) >70 etc? I havent seen anything about walk-forward optimization. As for AMIbroker, they have a stock screener? I always though they were similar in features to something like TradeStation.

BTW, Ill check out that book suggestion. Seems like it might be informative for someone not in the software biz like me.

#32     Apr 7, 2008
  3. Yes.
    It can do that, too.

#33     Apr 7, 2008
  4. Use java.

#34     Apr 7, 2008
  5. bespoke

bespoke

Optimizing technical indicators. That's gonna make you a lot of money trading....

#35     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Hi,

I am interested to contribute to your project and the future business aspect.
    We will have to discuss about it. My background is actually in mathematics with strong programming experience. I have
    recently entered into the trading world. :D

Regards

#36     Apr 9, 2008
  7. Yes. Most of these features are in Tradestation. I've estimated that product is built upon at least 1 million lines of C/C++ code. If you could write 1000 lines of tested code per day, that would be a 3 man-year effort assuming all goes well.
    You might be able to cut that effort by purchasing and implementing a basic framework like OpenQuant or comparable.

#37     Apr 9, 2008