New SLAVERY in America. 25 cents/minute??????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jprad

jprad

Those that have a backbone quit/run away, those that don't, don't.

#21     Feb 2, 2011
  2. sjfan

sjfan

Wait wait, it's only voluntary when you don't get paid for it? You are saying that no one can act by their own volition if they get something in return for it? By that logical, who is not a slave??

Confused indeed....

#22     Feb 2, 2011
  3. She could have voluntarily accepted the job...and therefore also get paid for doing it.

#23     Feb 3, 2011
  4. Never thought about that

Voluntary but getting paid for it?????

America will never cease to surprise me

#24     Feb 3, 2011
  5. 151

The problem is that evidently english is not your first language.

Here, in the US, voluntary does not equal or even mean very close to the same thing as VOLUNTEER.

You are confusing words.

A VOLUNTEER does something for aother free of charge.
    VOLUNTARY is to do something of ones own choosing.

They are similar but not directly related.

#25     Feb 3, 2011
  6. Thanks, I would never notice this...

#26     Feb 3, 2011
  7. loza

loza Guest

It amazes me the amount of stupidity from the fuckism apologists on this board. The stupid, brainwashed A-holes who likely don't have the net worth to defend the unspeakable and immoral, fucked up "corporacy" we live in... at any rate, any person who is not worth at least 5-mill AND defends the GOP and the fucking corporate whores in the US is too fucking stupid to live! But they exists (on ET) due to lack of critical thinking and sub-standard US educational system and watching TV too much.
    At least the REAL rich defend this shit because of some twisted self-interest, these ET a-holes are all wanna-be rich, pretenders....

#27     Feb 3, 2011
  8. ammo

ammo

most of the folks on et have volunteered for a job they pay into,slaves usually get room and board

#28     Feb 3, 2011
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Cry me a river, she like every american has the power to change her circumstances.

#29     Feb 3, 2011
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Most people working in Contact Centers in the U.S. earn $8 to $10 per hour. Most of these workers would view the ability to work from home for up to $15 per hour as a great step up.

#30     Feb 3, 2011