New SLAVERY in America. 25 cents/minute??????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Can slaves quit?
    If yes, that's not slavery.
    If no, that's slavery.

Knuckleheads like you are the reason jobs have gone overseas - at the blessing of the Democrats. [​IMG]

#11     Feb 2, 2011
  2. If someone is a slave, they can run away, but many choose not to for fear of the consequences.

If someone is a wage slave, they can quit, but many choose not to for fear of the consequences.

#12     Feb 2, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I like you Peil. Every once in a while you make a good point.

#13     Feb 2, 2011
  4. Same if someone makes a good wage, but has potential to make more. Nothing related to salary here - actually if you were making min. wage, why fear the the consequences of quitting?

#14     Feb 2, 2011
  5. What makes you think it is voluntary?

#15     Feb 2, 2011
  6. I would assume because the person mentioned by the OP applied for the job and got it, as opposed to having some guys grab her off the street one day, chain her and force her to do that work.

Maybe some people would prefer not to work at all, but is it reasonable to think everyone should be able to not work and yet have society function?

#16     Feb 2, 2011
  7. itsame

itsame

Yeah this is a good point. You are more likely to be a wage "slave" if you make a good salary.

There was a presentation a couple years back of a Wal-Mart executive complaining that they paid their associates that have been at Wal-Mart for a long time too much and that they would never quit because it was the best wages they could find for their education and skills.

I think if you really asked your friends, a lot of them would say that they hate their jobs but where can they go and make the same amount of money.

#17     Feb 2, 2011
  8. Who says this is a voluntary job?????

How can it be voluntary when you are getting paid for it???

:confused:

:confused:

What is your education again?:mad:

#18     Feb 2, 2011
  9. risky63

risky63

try commercial fishing if you want to work for shit.
    risked my life for what turned out to be about 3.00/hour.
    not every trip, just sometimes.

#19     Feb 2, 2011
  10. Eight

Eight

Idiot calls low wages "slavery" ... yawn

#20     Feb 2, 2011