New Site

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, Apr 11, 2003.

1. monee

monee

Great quote d.b.

Just shows with the correct knowledge,if one focuses on the process as opposed to the outcome success will follow.
    The evils:
    Lack of:
    Patience
    Discipline
    Love of the game
    Positive attitude

p.s I've printed and taped to the monitor a few of Brandon's posts.:)

#11     Apr 12, 2003
  2. I'm sorry, but I like the old site better. Looks more main street than wall street. New site looks an awful lot like other sites out there.

Just my .02

#12     Apr 14, 2003
  3. Babak

Babak

concur

#13     Apr 14, 2003
  4. lundy

lundy

needs work brandon.

the colors don't rhyme
    it's too busy, theres no where for the eye to rest
    too many themes

heres a few suggestions to improve it:

the pillar on the left should be the same as the one on the right.

the blue and white look in the middle of the page doesn't fit with the border colors. Either change the all the blues, or try putting a lighter yellow/brown behind it, instead of the white background.

needs alot of work though. No offense to the person who made it. I used to make alot of similiar mistakes. I'm no genius but if you or the person would like my help or suggestions, i'd be willing to give it freely. pm me if you like.

You should use a wysiwyg editor like dreamweaver, if you aren't already.... tweaking can be done after you get the layout and colors down.

Photoshop or something comparable should be used for the graphics. I prefer Canvas.

I'm sure you'll get it looking nice.... as it is now, it has the same vibe as Waxie's site... which is an improvement over his old site, but still lacks greatly.

#14     Apr 14, 2003
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thank you. I definatly want any constructive cristism I can get on it before it is released. Would you have any suggestions to improve it? Thanks.

Brandon

#15     Apr 14, 2003
  6. lundy

lundy

pls see my edit...

#16     Apr 14, 2003
  7. lundy

lundy

it would be nice if the pillars were the side bars rather than overlayed.

the text on the sidebars shouldn't have a brown/yellow background, too many overlays.

get rid of the dollar bill on the left sidebar.

if you want lots of overlays, you have to blend everything alot better.

Where the logo is looks good. And the menus beneath it look good as well following the same theme. The sidebar on the right looks ok. The boxes on the upper right corner can be improved.

However, the main problem is the sidebar on the right.

I did a website for a guy a couple of years ago... it's not great, but it is pretty uniform in it's whackiness. Never updated it since.
    http://www.targetman.com Just posting it so you can take my advice relative to my expertise, or lack thereof.

#17     Apr 14, 2003
  8. lundy, you built a tite for targetman? you should be shot for contributing to his advancement as a trading personality:D he is the biggest whack job on mirc. he's a damn papertrader who is always flaunting his mythical "size." go use yout talents on worthy and credible enterprises, for the love of good and all that is decent on the net!!!!

sorry, rant over.

#18     Apr 14, 2003
  9. smart and easy to navigate, One question though is brown your favorite color?:D

#19     Apr 14, 2003
  10. gaj

gaj

brandon - the pro / non-pro stuff is a tough line to walk. i personally think it looks good.

i think your photo, though cute, isn't beneficial..and the picture by track record? ugh. looks like it should be on tokyo joe or something...

i'm assuming the croatian part (in the bios) is to show that people CAN learn how to trade, no matter where they are?

i like how you talk about the psychological discipline..

you might want to increase the 'minimum' amount of money to trade to (at least) 50k; with the PDT rules, when a person dips below 25k, they won't be able to trade. i'd say 75-100, but that's just me.

given your reliance on candlesticks, do you want to include a reference to one of the 2 key candlestick books, or to the sites which define candles? i saw your intro to candlesticks...my recommendation is nison's candlesticks books, but i know the other one is more easily available.

i took a look through much, assuming that chunks aren't up there, but for the most part, it's quite good.

hope this helps..- bob

#20     Apr 14, 2003