New San Francisco bridge built in China to be shipped to US

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Founder, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ussa = banana republic

just look around at most of the people and specially but not all the kids of today

#21     Jul 8, 2011
  2. This probably has nothing to do with the Chinese having the longest bridge in the world... that has to endure quakes and tidal waves... I mean, com'on, if you're going to outsource, wouldn't you rather outsource to some country with such experience or some aerospace company who has never built a bridge in their life, but has the technology to do so...

#22     Jul 8, 2011
  3. That bridge has been open for exactly one day. It hasn't proven the ability to withstand anything, yet.

Meantime, we're treated to reports such as...

"Chinese media reported finding incomplete crash-barriers, missing lighting and loose nuts on guard-rails."

#23     Jul 8, 2011
  4. US Administration, Congress and Judiciary have failed to lead Americans.
    They should cut 50% of their salaries and other entitlements.

#24     Jul 9, 2011
  5. You think you have it bad? I live in Indiana. We're
    surrounded by Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinni noise.

They come over here and take our jobs. They build things and sell them to us. They talk funny.

You can't stop them. The federal government does nothing to protect us. And people don't care. My aunt just bought a broom made in Kentucky because "it was cheaper"

I tell ya, the days of Indiana Supremecy are soon going to be over if we don't do something.

#25     Jul 9, 2011
  6. I should probably have replaced bridge with bridges. The Chinese built the longest bridges in the world...

#26     Jul 9, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Sigh, if that were only true, without the U.S. currency losing its status as the world's reserve currency, of course.

#27     Jul 9, 2011
  8. You think you have it bad? I live in Indiana. We're
    surrounded by Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinni noise.

They come over here and take our jobs. They build things and sell them to us. They talk funny.

You can't stop them. The federal government does nothing to protect us. And people don't care. My aunt just bought a broom made in Kentucky because "it was cheaper"

I tell ya, the days of Indiana Supremecy are soon going to be over if we don't do something.

lol good one
    regards

#28     Jul 9, 2011
  9. You should be VERY GLAD they had the good sense to ask the chinese to build the bridge and saving us taxpayer money. China built the world's longest 26+ miles sea bridge in 4 years. In comparison, last major infrastructure project USA tried to take - the 2 mile arc tunnel to connect NY/NJ hudson river was cancelled even before breaking ground, after 5+ YEARS of "planning" and ALREADY WASTED $700+ million taxpayer dollars.

Given the absolute shit mess that's the california state government, if they were trying to build this within the USA, the money would be wasted with nothing to show for it, or the cost overrun will be in the billions that the taxpayer will be forced to pay. Now at least they have a finished bridge people can actually use.

It took the USA close to a DECADE to break ground on the 9/11 freedom tower, which arguably is the most important and symbolic infrastructure project in the country.

Dont kid yourself....

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1fbj4tU0mw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1fbj4tU0mw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#29     Jul 9, 2011
  10. the1

the1

From a cost control standpoint, yes! It's a great idea but what does this mean down the road? Everything we get is going to be made in China soon and we're all already aware of the quality of their products. If they don't require insurance then I suppose they can't be sued so what does that mean about quality control? Will this bridge collapse in 10 years?

I suppose what's going to happen is the US worker is going to have to settle for the rates the Chinese are currently getting paid. This is already beginning to happen. How many PhD's and MBA's are working at Walmart as store clerks or cashiers?

#30     Jul 9, 2011