New quantitative trading software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Agoraeus, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Agoraeus

Agoraeus

Hello all,

I have been a trader for a few years now. I come from an applied math background and have developed a couple profitable intraday trading strategies that I run. In talking to a lot of folks most people don't have or just dont want get the skills that are required to develop a purely automated quant strategy. It does take a lot of time.

So I have decided to start a new venture to bring that ability to pretty much everyone. Myself and friend (who happens to be a machine learning engineer and full stack developer) are developing software that will allow an individual trader to develop and launch their strategy all within one program.

I cant really speak on the algos that would be included and its overall architecture because that is far beyond me scope of expertise. But other than that and other tools for time series analysis, what else would this community be interested in seeing included (risk management, pairs trading etc.)? Connection to IB and Sterling would be first on our list of front end trading software and would add more as interest grew in the others.

I am really excited about this project so any feedback would be appreciate it. Thanks ET!

destriero and fordewind like this.
  2. Consider to add the NinjaTrader to the mix.Interested in regression analysis and how the execution framework handles volatility.

3. fan27

fan27

I am also working on a startup project of my own centered around algo discovery and have learned a lot from a start up project that I am a part of for my day job. Here are some things I have learned:

- Make sure you are actually going to solve a problem that other vendors are not currently solving adequately
    - You don't need to write much code to test your idea on potential customers.
    - The cost of getting users to switch from their current platform to your platform will be very high.

Good luck!

4. traider

traider

There are already a lot of open source or commercial software that does something similar. what is different about your offering?

Handle123 likes this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We offer Sterling Trader Pro with API. We also offer Lightspeed Trader and Realtick with APIs.

6. Agoraeus

Agoraeus

Tradier that is an excellent question. Other than neuroshell trader pro (which is an older but excellent piece of software) I am not too familiar with any software either open source or commercial that is going to do what we do. Here is why I say that. Lets for example you wanted to create an intraday mean reverting strategy.

So without having to do any programing whats so ever (just point and click) you will be able to determine whether or not the time series (pairs, daily returns) is stationary over the time period you have determined. From there you can apply lets say the SVM algo using whatever inputs you decide on to identify trading signals. The model that was created could then be backtested once again using the parameters you decide upon. You can then take the generated trades from your back testing period and run them through a different algo (first order optimization algo) to narrow down winning trades.

You would be able to view the model created in with simple AND, OR, IF statements. You would see for example Buy IF daily returns is 2 STD away from mean, AND RSI is less than 15, AND SPY has had three negative days. You could also skip the model discovery portion and just enter your own model using the same logic. You would be able to paper trade your strategy inputing slippage and commissions, or execute it through your front end trading platform.

Of course all the risk management you would expect would be there. Stop trading once up 1000 on the day, don't have more that 10,000 shares in total, stop trading if loss from top exceeds 500 when up 2000 on the day or exceeds 1000 when up 2500.

I don't think there is any software that gives you as much flexibility and power in this arena. If there is please let me know as I would love to check it out. If not, we are trying to bring that to the individual trader and investor regardless of the time frame they trade in.

7. Agoraeus

Agoraeus

Robert if this is something your clients would be interested in Lightspeed and Realtick could be something we look into to offer connectivity along with IB and Sterling.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have no idea. I do not have enough information.

#10     Jun 30, 2018