New Prop Firm Article

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by listedguru, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Did not know that about Assent, not a bad move considering all the Tuco litigation.

#11     Mar 13, 2008
  2. I just want to make it clear that only the LLC's have acted in this manner. Those that are licensed are business as usual.

#12     Mar 13, 2008
  3. gimp570

gimp570

so with all of this going on in the industry...makes me scared to put money down at any prop. firm....i might not get my money back from Tuco ...do i want to take the risk of putting money down with another prop. firm...

seems a bit risky.....but what other options do i have?

#13     Mar 13, 2008
  4. Depends if you are licensed or not. Hear is how I think it is going to roll. LLC's are going to have to restructure their organization because deposits will be done away with.

For companies that are registered as BD's such as Bright if it does every affect them, it won't be for a while. So I would get licensed if I were you.

#14     Mar 13, 2008

5. Everyone of you guys know, or should know, that you are investing your money in an LLC, that the money is not insured and there is a chance you could lose that money, either trading, or from the firm going under. It's not a big deal, just a risk you take.

If it really troubles you, keep only the minimum amount of capital in your account that you need to operate, and sweep the rest out on a regular basis.

#15     Mar 13, 2008
  6. gimp570

gimp570

so if i have my licenses i should be go to go as long as i go with a registered BD such as bright or Assent

right!

#16     Mar 13, 2008
  7. That is correct. That being said..you need to register with the BD directly. I got a PM earlier, stating they were licensed but wanted to go through an LLC because they were too lazy to fill out the U4.

#17     Mar 13, 2008
  8. gimp570

gimp570

thanks for the advice...makes my feel better about making a decison

#18     Mar 13, 2008
  9. Maybe Don can comment why he can take a risk deposit and pay out 100%. Maybe he can reference the rule that says he can give out excessive leverage just because a guy has a Series 7. The article (which has a few lies in it) makes reference to a big name BD being next.

#19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. Agassi

Agassi

So what is the latest update?

Will ALL sub-LLC's be banished / removed?

Would like to hear from every one to get an update.

I heard TUCO is being re-organized. Would love to hear from people at TUCO to get an update. Thanks.

:confused:

#20     Mar 13, 2008