New PC Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fatman, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Truff -

How about at least detailing the specs of that "professional high end desktop for a home desktop price" so people can have a reasonable idea what your definition of such a system is?

#21     Mar 31, 2004
  2. yeah this oughta be good

#22     Mar 31, 2004
  3. Truff

Truff

Features: >PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon XP processor 3000 (2.16GHz), > MEMORY: 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM memory (expandable to 2GB), > HARD DRIVE: 90GB Ultra DMA 7200 RPM, > MULTIMEDIA DRIVE: CD-RW; 48x CD-ROM, > GRAPHICS: SiS Real Graphics: Video Memory: 64MB, > ETHERNET: Integrated 10/100Base-T network interface, > USB PORTS: 4x USB 2.0, > AUDIO: Integrated AC '97, 6 figure configurable, > OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP- Home Edition(XP Professional, i believe is $50 more). Keyboard and mouse included as well. ANYBODY INTERESTED SHOULD CONTACT KEITH AT HTIEK@OPTONLINE>NET, OR CALL 516.220.3880 and mention TRUFF from elite trader. Keith is the computer guy, he can answer any questions better than I could.

#23     Mar 31, 2004
  4. I just configured the same system online but with a bigger
    120gig harddrive and faster CD rom for $613 at
    http://www.cyberpowersystem.com as mentioned
    in this thread. $675 is too much.

They are very competitive.

peace

axeman

#24     Mar 31, 2004
  5. Truff

Truff

thats ridiculous, the site you mentioned doesn't come with many things, including an operating system. your comparing apples to oranges. do your homework!!!!

#25     Mar 31, 2004
  6. Ummmm... thats WITH Windows XP.

What are the other "many things"?
    I configured it exactly with everything you had.

Forget to list some specs??

peace

axeman

#26     Mar 31, 2004
  7. OK, explains a lot.

Not exactly "high end" but a decent config for trading (which doesn't actually need "high end" capacity anyway).

It's too light on RAM, disk, and video and has a slower FSB and similarly slower RAM to be realistically called "high end" these days. A DVD is also fairly standard on "high end" machines. Not to mention a Firewire interface and a media reader. But it's pretty good.

#27     Mar 31, 2004
  8. Very true about not really "high end". In the spirit of the thread I was going for one of their "specials". Probably would be more suited for a student or casual user. Cyberpower can do the thing with spec branded raid drives and memory, Thermaltake power supplies, bigger server cases, along with the latest processors, etc.

#28     Mar 31, 2004