New PC Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fatman, Mar 29, 2004.

1. seisan

seisan

Good point.

Someone once cleared my cache which greatly improved trade execution speed.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can learn this cache quick-empty solution myself?

Yeah, this may be somewhat off-hardware specs topic, but I would specificallyappreciate it. Thanks.

#11     Mar 30, 2004
  2. Banjo

Banjo

in internet explorer, top toolbar, tools, internet options, in 2'nd box, delete files, clear history while you're there in 3'rd box, ok.

#12     Mar 30, 2004
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emptytemp.html

#13     Mar 30, 2004
  4. well guys, the fatman was asking about laptops. please read before replying.

#14     Mar 30, 2004
  5. You could get an inexpensive program that automatically cleans out the cache, as well as other temporary folders regularly. Here is the one I use everyday (and what it does)....

http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/...v=5&mnv=0&bld=9&cd=&dcc=&drc=&mo=&sid=9397238

Browser Cleaning

cache
    cookies
    history
    mail trash
    drop-down address bar
    auto-complete forms
    downloaded program files
    and more

PC Cleaning

recycle bin
    registry streams
    Windows run and find history
    scan disk files
    recently viewed pictures
    locked index.dat files
    recently opened documents list
    Windows temp files folder
    and more

#15     Mar 30, 2004
  6. seisan

seisan

Banjo, nkhoi, onewaypockets - thanks again for quickly indulging the simple but nagging cache question! Got 'em cleared. Apologies to all.

Now back to the hardware topic - what else does onewaypockets' nifty low-priced laptop require to trade (with robust trading software) on the road in medium/big-city airports and Traders Expo-type hotels?

#16     Mar 31, 2004
  7. Where exactly in his post does it say that? He talks about having used a laptop currently....then talks about how his new computer should "cost including a monitor (15 or 17 inch)?"

I have never seen a laptop sold without a monitor...and they are always called "screens" or "displays" when I have seen them. Desktop PC's use "monitors".

That is how I read the post....

#17     Mar 31, 2004
  8. seisan

seisan

onewaypockets, I see Odz' understandably exasperated post stated in a nonconfrontationally general way ("well guys") as a specific reference only to my inadvertantly careless cache-clearing, laptop-hardware thread-crashing intrusion.

So, I'll delete this post if you wanna delete yours just above mine.

#18     Mar 31, 2004
  9. seisan

seisan

Opps! Should have noticed that the too-nifty a price and certain specs (5th post of thread) of the computer noted above is for a desktop, not a laptop as I misstated...

Geez...no wonder no one, including fatman, answered my post...

Well, back to the books.

#19     Mar 31, 2004
  10. Truff

Truff

I just had a desktop built by a friend in the bussiness. I paid $675 for it. Its a proffessional high end desktop for a home desktop price, fully loaded. The system works fantastic. I trade with 3 '17 LCD monitors and ive never used anything that ran so smooth. If you are interested, email keith at HTIEK@optonline.net, or call at 516.220.3880, and mention TRUFF from ELITETRADER. As far as your interest in monitiors, CRT monitors are very cheap. I saw an ad on elite for 2 '17 CRT's for $100. LCD's are a different story. GOOD LUCK

#20     Mar 31, 2004