New Pc Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robbo, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Ok ....thats it!!! NO LATTE'

Make room and move over the Rice-cooker: http://www.geocities.com/thienwp/weblog.htm

And get oe of these....

http://mfv.freeservers.com/krups.html

Michael B.

#71     Feb 22, 2004
  2. #72     Feb 22, 2004
  3. I must say it is basic...but does accomplish the goal....Site ran slow but we are not buying that.....its the product that counts...

The links to the left with the price ranges were rather helpful...The sortable by price list that those links produced were great! (prices very similar to Cyber...but look at 800mhz bus...those prices if comparing to Cyber were higher)

Prices seem reasonable.....I think it accomplishes the same thing as CyberPower, but doesn't CyberPower have better prices, for what you get?

Michael B.

P.S. No offense I am allergic to E-Bay when it comes to these sort of purchases. (funny a lot of my stuff I got there, so I am being a sort of a hypocrit....I just don't like E-Bay)

#73     Feb 22, 2004
  4. I tried to price out a computer similiar to the one I got from Cyberpower. It cost $1724. The Cyberpower one cost $1349. And internetishop.com did not spec out the power supply anywhere on the build sheet so who knows what sort of power supply would be provided. Also I did not see an option for the extra USB outlets or 6 in 1 card reader I got. So these would probably even be more cash.

No soup for you! (j/k'ing...I should'nt be drinking while I am posting)

[​IMG]

Soup Kitchen International
    8th Ave. and 55th St.
    259A West 55 Street NYC

#74     Feb 22, 2004
  5. Thanks for the comparison (and the sarcasm). I have no interest in the link I posted.

I will probably get my next computer from Cyberpower unless I hear anything that changes my mind.

#75     Feb 22, 2004
  6. Nothing personal....just fooling around a bit on a rainy Sunday.

[​IMG]

#76     Feb 22, 2004
  7. Here is a nighttime view of the "z-alien"....I probably would not order it again. The kids like it though....not sure what I was thinking.

[​IMG]

#77     Feb 22, 2004
  8. me too.

#78     Feb 22, 2004
  9. Aaron

Aaron

I input the same specs on both Dell and InternetiShop and found Dell to be cheaper. For a 3.0Ghz Pentium 4 system with 1GB Ram, 120GB harddrive, a gamer-friendly Radeon 9800 Pro video card, XP Professional, and various other things, Dell wants $1516 (including shipping) and InternetiShop wants $1828.

Maybe InternetiShop has better prices on ebay or for some other configuration, but you should shop around before purchasing from them.

P.S. That z-alien case is too funny!

#79     Feb 22, 2004
  10. Actually I can remove the "bug eyed" front cover (and probably will if I get more remarks :-\ ) and it looks pretty normal. It does not look quite as juvenile during the day or with the lights on.

My wife did give me the "dumb ass" look though when she saw it. lol

There are some goofy cases out there....

[​IMG]

#80     Feb 22, 2004