New Pc Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robbo, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Does she put out? How bout some specs....?

#61     Feb 22, 2004
  2. i've built 'em too but with prices like that why bother?

#62     Feb 22, 2004
  3. mktman

mktman

Prices look decent with Cyber but I still would like more component options -- choices.

Wonder if they tend to build there units just like Dell -- Upgrade or add ons are hell.

mktman

#63     Feb 22, 2004
  4. wadda ya mean, they use "real" components. and there are TONS of choices. :confused:

#64     Feb 22, 2004
  5. Apparently, CyberPower needs a 10-day lead time to ship which tells me they build and test to order....

I believe Dell "adds on" to tested base units after the fact, but do not retest and integrate the final unit.......but I do not know these things....so don't hold me to it...

But my guesses sound good and seem reasonable...

Michael B.

#65     Feb 22, 2004
  6. You need to page through the configurator....there are 3 pages.

Michael B.

#66     Feb 22, 2004
  7. mktman

mktman

Come on guys I did that.
    Sheesh.

Put in PC Power and Cooling unit for power supply in new unit.

So demand high quality components at least in my trading pc.

Mushkin L2 PC3500.
    1 Gig.

Also put out extra for that.

mktman

#67     Feb 22, 2004
  8. gnome

gnome

Yes, part of the ram is "blocked off" for video use. As long as you are not frequently moving application windows so that you see the ghost shadows of the edge (or gaming, of course), it may not be at all obvious your rig has shared video.

Some integrated MBs have an AGP slot; others do not. And yes, just about any video card will have greater graphics capability than integrated... However, I hear the latest version of Intel integrated graphics and the new ATI 9100 onboard are really very good quality display, though not "speedy" for gaming.

#68     Feb 22, 2004
  9. I have one of the Cyberpower computers with the "z-alien" case (in silver). It is a little hokey looking with the alien look and glowing red "eyes" at night....lol, so I probably would not order that model for an office. The one I ordered last year was more understated.

But the case is as big as a 747. You could put the Grand Canyon in there and have left over room. You can "add-on" very standard fitting components until you are old and gray and not run out of room. They carry quite a lot of stuff.... Thermaltake and Super Alien power supplies, Sony, Western Digital, ATI, Creative Labs... there is no "house branded" components. Both of my computers came EXACTLY as I spec'ed. I checked carefully against the build sheet. The Windows XP Pro came loaded with very little "extra crap" added, I deleted Earthlink and McAffee trial software. That was it.

Cyberpower is a Chinese company (southern california) so you know they drive a lean, mean operation. Cheap prices, no showroom, no hand holding, no latte. One day out of warranty? Sorry Charlie! (Not that I am racist in any sense, I live in So. Ca and am married to a Japanese/American, best friend is Argentinan and another Korean...there is no majority/minority in my circle)

#69     Feb 22, 2004
  10. pretty funny.. :p

#70     Feb 22, 2004