New Pc Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robbo, Feb 18, 2004.

1. robbo

robbo

I am looking to buy a new PC for Trading and will be running 4 monitors with Tradestation.I will have a lot of charts open and want a machine that runs well.What sort of spec machine should I be looking to buy,feed back appreciated

2. 512mb RAM, Windows XP PRO and nice big monitors with high refresh rates.....IMHO a used PentuimIII is just as good as a new PentiumIV with a broadband connection.

Michael B.

3. Hubert

Hubert

4. mktman

mktman

Careful with the Processor selection.

Upgraded from a P3 to P4 and added 1gMem.

If your planning on using RS and a large symbol list; Both upgrades are definately needed.

mktsurf

5. what kind of graphics cards are good to use for a 4 monitor set up?

2 dual 32mb cards?
    any brands recommended?

6. cosmic

cosmic

been using a P4 Dimension since approx. 1 year, no worries whatsoever, 1GB DDRRAM & two very fast drives & your done...using TradeStation & two other packs with ESignalfeed.

IMHO a serious trading pc cannot have enough power, space & comfort, you should think of other things as your pc...:D

But try to avoid dual xeon workstations until you are really sure your special app. can handle mutlithreading in a sophisticated way...if not it does not bring you any performance increases.

all my best
    cosmic
    :)

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

8. robbo

robbo

WestCoastTrader you cant go wrong with a Matrox G200MMS G2+/PPL-PL7,look on Ebay some excellent deals.

9. robbo

robbo

10. Check out the inventory of P4's at Dell's Refurbished (Outlet)Website. You can really get an incredible deal, and you also get the SAME WARRANTY as a new Dell unit.

I have purchased 2 Dell units from this part of Dell's website and have been totally satisfied in every way with the performance and value of my PC's.

In fact, check out a P4-2.60 with the 800 Mghz front-side bus and Intel's 875 motherboard with Windows XP-Pro and 512mb of PC3200 RAM and a 60 Gig Hard Drive for only $779.00 ( System Identifier: FCMEHEHD )

I purchased this very same unit last Summer and love it! If you want to add another 512mb of RAM, you can do so on the cheap for another $120.00

With the above purchase, you can also get an 18" Dell LCD Monitor for only $399.00 - - - Offer ends today, 2/18/04

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Click on the above link and find: DELL OUTLET SALE!

#10     Feb 18, 2004