New Orleans must do or must see?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Jul 5, 2022.

1. tango29

tango29

Heading to New Orleans for a few days, and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on things they would recommend to do or see? I am aware there is plenty to do and see, but any thoughts on priorities of cool things would be great. Thanks

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The baccinal is a pretty cool place. It’s a wine store that doubles as a backyard jazz club. It’s a nice walk from the French quarter. It’s got a nice vibe.

I like the quiet parts of the French quarter and the garden district. These are also pleasant walks.

3. tango29

tango29

I'll look it up, thanks. Right now looking like a rain fest when I am down there.

4. Capture it on video, and post to YouTube with a link here. I love watching Walking tour videos....just observing every day humanity and city, and nature.

New Orleans....don't get shot or stabbed or randomly punched in the head. Avoid dark places.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  5. USDJPY

USDJPY

The Camellia Grill for breakfast is a fun time.

6. kmiller

kmiller

Ride the street car - the green line.

Sekiyo likes this.
  7. tango29

tango29

We ended up not getting too much tourist stuff. The one son had quite a few events as part of his presentation, and the youngest who came along had a bunch of homework and a test to get done. We made it to the WW 2 museum and it was a good walk through. The French Quarter is a pit. We saw one guy taking a piss against a building and it reeked like piss and garbage most of the time we were walking around. We did manage to find some good food in out of the way places.
    I am not complaining, it was a good trip, but geez, they have a huge homeless problem.
    My old man body is not happy with 16 hours of driving both ways. Holy crap, my back is killing me and my hips feel horrible. We fly to the one next year if he is going and he can live without a delivery of home cooking and supplies. Next year will be in Vegas if he gets his project accepted so not even thinking of driving anyway.
    Thanks for the ideas and wish we had more of a chance to check out a few more things.