New NASA Study Shows CO2 causes Cooling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jun 5, 2013.

1. I think it's really funny that jerm and pisspoor, who are obviously both off-the-wall, think they are smarter than the climatologists in this matter.

And it's really fucking simple, CO2 is an important greenhouse gas the levels of which ultimately determines the temperature of the earth. It's concentration has risen by 40% due to man and temperatures are at record levels and rising at historically unprecedented rates.

It's all one needs to know. Of course that doesn't suit the denier morons and their crazed loyalist right-wing ideology. They will be drowning in hot water and still deny it. They are stupid stubborn assholes.

#41     Jun 8, 2013

2. That's what happens when rational people see a huge problem approaching.

The 'rational' part leaves you out.

#42     Jun 8, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

Wrong. That's what happens when another dipshit is put in the White House and given $800 billion to spend on anything he pleases.

#43     Jun 8, 2013
  4. Eight

Eight

Notice to GW alarmists: It's time once again to set your hair on fire and run in circles yelling "wake the f%k up and pee all over yourselves, the world is on fire!!!!!!!!" Don't forget to throw out a few insults about deniers!!!!!!

I hate assholes.. I hate technically incompetent people weighing in on technical arguments.. I hate alarmists... So it's GW alarmists! The trifecta of the 20th century!

Well, anyhow, we're in the 21st century now, maybe it's time to move on.......

I know one personally. He puts a towel down on a chair before sitting on it, guess he's phobic, wears blue hospital gloves, is super-selective about what he eats but looks quite unhealthy... has no clue about normal living, normal manners, no women in his life of course.. But HIS OPINIONS are very important, just ask him!

#44     Jun 8, 2013
  5. That's funny. You calling someone else crazy.

"they have a political agenda or three: The Catholic Church is part of it, they can unite people of all flavor of religion together with environmental causes [they don't want people that say it's all a sign of the end of times though], the UN needs GW so it can have taxation powers, "

LOL wow

#45     Jun 8, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

pspr: "Firstly, there is no water 'fusion' taking place. Water absorbs energy as it evaporates and releases energy as it returns to a liquid state and again when it changes to a frozen state."

???
    the heat of fusion for water is the heat content change associated with the solid/liquid phase transition.

perhaps you had "nuclear fusion" in mind when you said, "... there is no water 'fusion' taking place."

:D

#46     Jun 8, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

That is the definition of 'fusion' as used in chemistry and physics but I expected that you would go to the trouble to wiggle out of that. I do see chemists still use the term in the enthalpy of change of state from solid to liquid explanation but then I find it to be a misleading term, probably deriving from a time before the understanding of nuclear physics.

Definition: Combining lighter atomic nuclei to form a heavier nucleus.

:)

#47     Jun 8, 2013
  8. jem

jem

NASA says CO2 is a natural thermostat.

and....

"Infrared radiation from CO2 and NO, the two most efficient coolants in the thermosphere, re-radiated 95% of that total back into space."

so fc you are that the moron drone here.

NASA says co2 is coolant.

So when go bullshiting about science saying something about man made co2... understand that co2 is coolant as well.

Now you have to do the science and the math to figure out the net effect.

Guess what... there is no science showing the net effect in on the earth for CO2 is warming. Further, it is therefore absurd to suggest that science shows man made co2 causes warming.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/22mar_saber/

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”
    That’s what happened on March 8th when a coronal mass ejection (CME) propelled in our direction by an X5-class solar flare hit Earth’s magnetic field. (On the “Richter Scale of Solar Flares,” X-class flares are the most powerful kind.) Energetic particles rained down on the upper atmosphere, depositing their energy where they hit. The action produced spectacular auroras around the poles and significant1 upper atmospheric heating all around the globe.
    “The thermosphere lit up like a Christmas tree,” says Russell. “It began to glow intensely at infrared wavelengths as the thermostat effect kicked in.”
    For the three day period, March 8th through 10th, the thermosphere absorbed 26 billion kWh of energy. Infrared radiation from CO2 and NO, the two most efficient coolants in the thermosphere, re-radiated 95% of that total back into space.

#48     Jun 8, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Look into a mirror and repeat...

#49     Jun 8, 2013
  10. Eight

Eight

That fc is a real corker! He's holding off a full-scale assault on his bullshit almost single-handedly! And what does the truth matter if you have your agenda in the school system? Indoctrination is the way to the glorious future when all are equal, when workers have lost their chains, when the Pope runs the whole shooting match, when people bow down to science and it's fc minions.. hell yes!

I hope the stupid little bitch gets mugged in an ally and comes away with a really sore ass but that's just me I suppose.

#50     Jun 8, 2013