New Money

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by anacott_steel, Mar 5, 2003.

1. NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - American cash will get a colorful facelift in three weeks, USA Today reports.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing will unveil a new $20 bill that will introduce a predominant but subtle color into the background, marking the first time in modern history that a bill will feature a color other than green.

According to the report, other changes will include new images of Andrew Jackson and the White House, as well as other adjustments that are being kept secret. The official unveiling will take place on March 27, with the new bill entering circulation in the fall.

The Secret Service has said that a large portion of counterfeit money in circulation is computer-generated, and the new features will help curb a steady rise in fake cash. The last redesign of American currency was in 1996, when a new $100 bill was introduced with new features to thwart counterfeiters. A new $50 came in 1997, followed by the $20 in 1998 and new $5 and $10 notes in 2000.

New features on those notes included color-shifting ink, which appeared black from one angle and green from another; a watermark, visible only when holding the bill up to the light; and a security strip that ran vertically through the bill. USA Today reports these features also will be included on the new

2. TGregg

TGregg

My first thought was "I wonder how much all this redesigning costs? " which made me realize the old adage is true: You have to spend money to make it.:D

So what's the emoticon for Running and Ducking?