New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez: Comments like Romney’s set ‘us back as a party’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

the simpletons in here stil cannot grasp that I am not a republican, it's just too complex a concept for them. I do not, and never have, had an an affiliation. Now how does one get that into a cartoon so IQ47 can understand.

I think the sex stuff is a stupid sideshow, but I am equally annoyed at all this 'message' posturing. The new americans are gov't depedent chidren obsessed with feelings instead of dealing with the hard reality. It's so vulgar and hopeless my outlook on work and life has done a 180. Gonna try and beat them at their own parasitic ways.

It doesn't matter that Romney lost, what would he have done with these losers?

#11     Nov 16, 2012
  2. Christie is aggressive, well spoken and saw the handwriting on the wall at the RNC convention. When Sandy hit NJ, he went well out of the way to show bipartisanship.

The New GOP will be center right, as they have historically been. Christie is the ideal candidate for that.

#12     Nov 16, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

But YOU are off the cliff left. So what do you care? You gonna vote for him?

#13     Nov 16, 2012
  4. No. The GOP went insane, and the majority agreed. I voted to curb the insanity.

It looks like the GOP got the message. If they follow thru, then yes, Christie will most likely have my vote.

#14     Nov 16, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

But Christie is a fiscal conservative of the highest order. He believes in a balanced budget. It is unlikely he will allow Keynesian stupidity to continue. How will you fund all of your entitlement programs the left wants to grow?

#15     Nov 16, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Uhh huh, you betcha.

30 Sep 2012

"Was that Barack Obama speaking in Long Branch last week? It sure sounded like it.

"The chief executive up there behind the microphone was boasting about the economic stimulus he was going to create building schools with half a billion dollars in borrowed money.

"It’s a huge investment that will put folks here in New Jersey back to work and put us on a path to creating new jobs," he said.

"But it wasn’t Obama making that pitch. It was none other than Chris Christie, the man many Republicans wanted to see run against the president this year.

"Those same Republicans were outraged when Obama spent billions on stimulus. They accused the president of employing the Keynesian trick of creating employment by paying some people to dig holes and paying other people to fill the holes up.

"Maybe that’s how they did things in England back in John Maynard Keynes’ day. Here in New Jersey, it’s different. We pay people to build schools and then we pay people to knock them down."

More...

#16     Nov 16, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

An excellent find, Ricter. Thanks for posting that. I tried to research other articles that support Christie's move (not like you would ever just post an article to support your point only, would you?) but even the ones that are pro the spending on the plan offered pitiful excuses why the project should have been done. The NJ.com blog that you posted is right, it is a wasteful, Keynesian approach that Christie is pulling.

When I moved out of Jersey some years back, I remember Christie saying in a debate that he would never spend any money he had to borrow without getting voter approval. Apparently that promise was worth nothing to him. His stock takes a huge hit in my book, and I stand corrected on my comment regarding Christie being a fiscal conservative.

Thanks again for posting the article.

#17     Nov 16, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Christie does not deserve a big hit because of this, it indicates that he can be practical when necessary. This is why the right lost, it is TOO EXTREME.

#18     Nov 16, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I disagree 100%. The man promised to give the voters a choice on whether they should borrow to spend, and he did not. If the voters approved it, at least they would live in the bed they made. Instead, we have a politician who enables bad spending (dig a hole, fill a hole) in order to push jobs, when he should be working on cutting back so he can lower state taxes and stop people and companies from fleeing the state (like I did) and convince more companies not to move to a more tax friendly environment.

On another note, it was nice for you to show me something that changed my opinion on a subject/person. Kinda goes against that whole "arguing with a mirror" hogwash you through out way back when, eh?

#19     Nov 16, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

What it really goes against is your belief that you can find "pure" heroes out there. You can't, they can only be found in Ayn Rand's books.

#20     Nov 16, 2012