New meta-analysis checks the correlation between intelligence and faith

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Aug 12, 2013.

1. The atheist roofing contractors and workers have a higher average IQ and the bible believing roofing contractors and workers have a lower average IQ. Just like traders, carpenters, scientist, football players and teachers. If you're in the believing category then the odds of you being on the wrong side of the bell curve is high.

#11     Aug 12, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Odds are that if both of them shingle roofs for a living, both of them would end up on the low end of the bell curve regardless.

#12     Aug 12, 2013
  3. Actually if you are really dumb, you are less likely to believe in God. A dog has an IQ of 35. No dog believes in God.

Summation: if you have an IQ of 35, you probably don't believe in God.

Here is a link to a study, that for every year of higher education it turns out people are more likely to attend chruch, read the bible, ect.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/...d-tend-to-be-more-religious-by-some-measures/

#13     Aug 12, 2013
  4. I don't actually get up there and drive nails, I don't own a roofing hammer or roofing nail gun any more. I make sales and all that other stuff that goes into running a small construction company. Tonight I'm writing up the material order sheets for my jobs this week and just sent texts to the crews of the job address's for tomorrow. If you want a mental challenge go make some sales in a business where the competition is as competitive as it is where I live. It's tough but fun too when you get it right. I don't know how much IQ has to do with it but you do have to know how to communicate with people and understand them. It's a challenging, fun and profitable job when it's busy. But when I was younger it was just as scary in the slow times. And being the conservative guy I am I learned to save my money so now I enjoy the slow times...up to a point anyway.

#14     Aug 13, 2013
  5. Elitist pin heads have done a study and shocking have discovered that they're smarter than everyone else. In other breaking news, the administration has throughly investigated the Benghazi attack and have concluded nothing more could have been done to prevent, or provide help during the attack.

#15     Aug 13, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Another self serving futile attempt to convince yourself of superior intellect, despite all evidence to the contrary, that you simply don't posses.

Isn't that the whole purpose of this silly thread?

So...if you're so smart and believers are so dumb. Why is it your threads receive the same response as one of ET's biggest believers?

[​IMG]

#16     Aug 13, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

It doesn't matter, you're still a low skilled manual laborer. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Are you fucking serious? LOL That's about as "mentally challenging" as a game of tic tac toe.

#17     Aug 13, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

You really don't need to defend. What you do is of greater worth than trading.

#18     Aug 13, 2013
  9. fhl

fhl

Hey, nice to have you aboard, dude. I thought you'd never see the light.:D

#19     Aug 13, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Big zero is about as conservative as Nancy Pelosi.

#20     Aug 13, 2013