New Member- Wanted to introduce myself (and a few q's)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by lindec, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Sure, I know what you're saying and I agree, I was just being facetious :D

Where have you been anyway, not seen you around for a while, still trading? Going well I hope?

(That's a great program, if you've got surround with that plasma it's an awesome window rattler!)

#31     Oct 4, 2008
  2. lindec

lindec

I was wondering about the Bollinger bands too, but I can't seem to figure out exactly what they're telling you and how exactly to use them. Can anyone explain it to me or point me in the right direction?

#32     Oct 4, 2008
  3. You might find this website useful.

#33     Oct 4, 2008
  4. You only trade two currency pairs?! That's like trying to only day trade two stocks. I think what you are doing is that you are looking for more opportunities that just arn't there. I would suggest sitting out the next month or two and looking at every single currency around 20 times at different timeframes. Once you do that develope timeframes where you find currencies that are similiar to each other so you know that in that specific category you know exactly what to look for and how to execute the trade. You have no trust or confidence in only looking at two pairs where you are merely trying to trade off of them.

Let me say it again, look at every single currency in the daily, hourly and minute timeframe. Only then will you actually find the answers you look for.

#34     Oct 4, 2008
  5. I was never trading full-time, and I was not able to devote enough time to become proficient. I had a 25% drawdown (approx) so I stepped back for awhile. I left a small amount of cash with Oanda, and reduced the trade size drastically before immersing myself again. A couple months away from the game can change the way one sees. I check in on this sight from time to time. Good to you keeping them honest, Cable!

#35     Oct 4, 2008

6. Myself: exhaustive studies disprove TA indicators and fib levels. Here they are...

Cabletrader: DUH!!! DUH!!!!!! I don't agree!

When someone is not fazed by facts, I hardly consider him a real trader. If somehow from the exchange, you don't understand, then you are having the effect on me, of someone with Alzheimers calling out "Air Raid" continuously.

#36     Oct 4, 2008
  7. Since you like facts so much, the indisputable facts are that TA has been extremely useful in my trading and it's helped produce some good results. I have posted several trading blotters to support that fact.

Whereas you have nothing but other people's inconclusive research and theory to go on, you read a bit of dated and unrelated material and suddenly you consider yourself enough of an expert on TA to dismiss it, but it's very clear by your rantings that you have absolutely zero practical experience of this market.

I've come to the conclusion you're either just another troll getting your jollies on chat forums (Alzheimer's wouldn't even begin to excuse the problems you've got!), or you're a snake oil salesman trying to sell a non-TA based system and putting down TA at every opportunity but without having any practical experience or knowledge to support your theories.

In this post you're trying to sell a trading system for 250k as 'TraderZones'

In this post you're trying to sell the same system as 'Port1385'

In this thread you get caught red-handed when you forgot who you were logged in as, lol, and then it transpires that you're 'rcanfiel' as well!

No-one can take you seriously TraderZones/Port1385/rcanfiel (or whatever you're calling yourself today!), you really are just a joke comic character with nothing particularly amusing to say :D

#37     Oct 5, 2008
  8. That sounds like a good plan, it's easy to miss the wood for the trees when you're in the forest every day!

Market conditions aren't the greatest at the moment anyway, you're not missing much!

#38     Oct 5, 2008