New MBA wants to transition to trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ebbert, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Ebbert

Ebbert

Just looking for some quick advice from those that are in the biz. I just finished my MBA in investments and am looking to move into a trading position. My problem is that I don't have any preMBA finance experience. I was in high tech sales. I have done my research and know that trading is for me...but seem to have trouble getting in the door.

Any suggestions?

2. you cant get hooked up through the career center at your school?

3. Ebbert

Ebbert

The Career Center sux...plus I've been out since Sept and they usually cut ties pretty quickly.

4. Which school?

5. If you have an MBA, get a job in corp finance as an analyst first. while it won't be glamourous, you will get an idea of the way things work on wall street. if you are a damn good analyst, you can make a great living

Trading is not something you should do until you have been around for a while and have a decent bankroll. Trust me, I traded right out of college, went back to corporate finance and am banking hard right now. I'll kick back in my late 30's with millions, then I'll trade my portfolio.......

6. u dont need a fuckin mba to get into trading.
    look at alexis glick, she had a ba in political sci from columbia.

7. Ebbert

Ebbert

I know I don't need one...but I have one. My interest in investing didn't come right out of undergrad, I had a whole other career...

8. dac8555

dac8555

agree 100%. if you trade, make sure it is with a company that is paying a good salary. there are plenty. east coast, florida, cali, texas. look at sales trader jobs as well. get to know people...sales is a great way to do that.

If it makes you feel any better...the guy that runs the EM bond desk for the largest IDB in the world does not have an MBA...he makes at least 1.5 per year..at 34y/o.

IM me if you have questions and dont want to be too public on this forum.

good luck,

9. she's not a trader and knows nothing about trading. she's only on tv because she looks like she gives sloppy wet blowjobs.

10. Glick was previously an equity trader for seven years at Morgan Stanley. In her last position, she was in charge of Morgan Stanley's floor trading

dumbass.....

#10     Jan 20, 2006