New Market Wizards Book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by guru, Jun 28, 2020.

1. virtusa

virtusa

OK show us you can do it.

#21     Jul 6, 2020
  2. virtusa

virtusa

I am sure you cannot. Because if you could you would do it. 50 accounts at $5000 equals $250,000 investment. Take the one account that made millions and forget the 49 other accounts. You would be rich.
    You are not rich, you are stupid.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    #22     Jul 6, 2020
  3. guowei58

guowei58

haha why the animosity?

#23     Jul 6, 2020
  4. virtusa

virtusa

Because you tell a lot of nonsense based on your imagination (or stupidity?) without any hard proof.

#24     Jul 6, 2020
  5. JCDST1979

JCDST1979

You can find 16384 of the dumbest people on earth with $1000 dollar each one. Put then to play head or tails betting all the money they have. At the end, you have 1 trader that turned $1000 into 16 million in one afternoon! And you can go and write a book called Coin Wizards.

#25     Jul 6, 2020
  6. virtusa

virtusa

I watched your profile and now understand you.
    "I'm a beginner options trader looking to take advantage of randomness and luck. "

ROFLMAO

#26     Jul 6, 2020
  7. guowei58

guowei58

I love the irony. maybe you're right. without any hard proof how can you really be sure, right?
    u a smart kid

#27     Jul 6, 2020
  8. I'm sure there are traders who simply got lucky. Just like there are traders who happen to master a specific market condition/period, but fail in a later period. For example a low volatility up trend versus a highly volatile range bound market.

But there is no doubt that there are market participants whose results and long-term track record can't be explained by luck alone.

Here's an excerpt from the interview with Edward Thorp in one of Schwager's books:

Quite a few of the Market Wizards actually struggled for years before they had their break. Is it likely that they had bad luck for a long time and then simply got lucky? I think not.

Another Market Wizard, Gil Blake, actually believed the market to be random and being an academic he subscribed to the EMH. But then he discovered that a specific behavior in mutual funds had about an 80 % odds of next day being positive. Not quite consistent with what he thought and had been told by professors to be true.

#28     Jul 6, 2020
  9. SteveM

SteveM

Respectfully, I must say I disagree with this type of thinking.

Many of the traders profiled in the first Market Wizards book were hired by Commodities Corporation to trade, and that is where they accumulated their stellar track records.

If I ran a firm that made it's money by professional gambling, and then hired people to gamble for my firm, and then those gamblers went out and had 10 amazingly successful years, is that all random luck? I think not.

If a baseball owner signs a player to hit baseballs, and that player winds up being one of the best hitters on earth, that to me is not random.

#29     Jul 6, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

How do you do it for your own account without being employed to do it?

#30     Jul 6, 2020